Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
We’re looking for a customer-centric, B2B product marketing leader who brings a new perspective to the question: How do we attract and engage partners (independent insurance agents) who can deliver the Ethos experience to our consumers? The Senior Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for building an outstanding content strategy and function for the Ethos Partner Marketing organization. You will be responsible for content strategy, creation, optimization, and a consistent voice that supports the Ethos brand. This role requires strong collaboration and the ability to deliver results through cross-functional alignment and communication and experience in multi-channel programs.
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA, Austin, TX, or remote.
- Spearhead the development and implementation of Ethos’ B2B content strategy and partner facing channels including hubs/CMS
- Leverage insights to build a content strategy, editorial calendar, writing process and delivery strategy, contributing to all aspects of content marketing, and ultimately, crafting interesting and well-researched content that drives traffic and engages our agent audiences.
- Produce high-quality articles, white papers, blogs, email marketing messages, case studies, webinar presentations, survey reports and web copy
- Work closely with business development, product and customer marketing teammates, and other departments to create effective communications strategies that articulate our product’s core benefits properly and consistently
- Become a specialist in the life insurance category, relentlessly seeking information, data and relevant trends to make decisions that improve the impact and effectiveness of content concepts and copy across all customer channels
- Be performance minded, continuously measure and improve content performance; create reports leveraging Google Analytics, CRM, and social media analytics tools
- Leverage and manage outside agencies and resources to scale your impact and drive key results
- A minimum of 5 years of B2B content marketing or direct copywriting experience
- You thrive working in a highly collaborative environment and are excited to steer the team’s expertise and enthusiasm in the right direction
- You are diligently curious, eager to engage deeply with the product and our customers to tease out the highest impact growth opportunities
- You are a storyteller who brings strong verbal and written communication skills and you are comfortable interacting with all levels of the company
- You have strong knowledge of content marketing strategy, SEO, and account-based marketing
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Consistent performance in deadline-oriented environment due to tight time restraints and volume of work
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with counterparts in a cross-functional capacity
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and like getting your hands dirty. Ideally, experienced in startup environments
- You are driven and nimble enough to work in a rapidly growing company that is reinventing an antiquated industry.
- You thrive in ambiguity, are adaptable, and can lead cross-functionally to achieve results. Most importantly, you demonstrate problem-solving leadership
- You have the quantitative chops to define and assess marketing success, but also know when to stop analyzing and run with a fresh, creative idea that will engage our audience
- You are passionate about our mission to protect families with access to simple, affordable life insurance
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.