Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
A Day in the Life...
For many people, the pandemic has reinforced the need for stability in their future, and Ethos has been able to fill that void by providing a seamless digital road to financial security - life insurance. On the People Team, our mission is to make the employee experience a competitive advantage for Ethos. We are a core driver of our business strategy by attracting, enriching, and growing our talent. We pride ourselves on being a data-driven company, so you’ll start your week by reviewing the People Team Strategy Asana board to assess how we’re progressing towards our quarterly goals and identify areas that we need to prioritize. You’ll then shift your attention to the recent results of the Employee Engagement survey to assess employee development needs and determine where there may be skill gaps to address. Then it’s time to hop on a call with the VP of Engineering who you’ve been collaborating with to develop a customized training about working effectively in a hybrid environment. After some final tweaks, you realize you’re on time for the ‘Fireside Chat’ being hosted by Black@Ethos. Engaging in a thoughtful discussion around belonging in the workplace leaves you enthused about reflecting on the conversation with colleagues the next day.
On a day-to-day basis, you will…
As the Director & Lead HRBP, you'll work closely with the Head of People, Recruiting team, and leadership to develop a cohesive employee development experience from ‘hire to retire’. You’ll work to design, build, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of our talent development strategy. At the highest level, success in your role will be about building our capacity to enrich and grow our talent.
- Partner with the Head of People to build, launch, and refine an HRBP program that enables us to scale our People infrastructure across Ethos as we grow our team
- Drive the initiative to solidify our job architecture and career paths across the company so Ethosaurs have a transparent path to growth
- Assess and design a persona-based talent development strategy that meets the needs of Ethosaurs across levels, geographies, disciplines, etc.
- Lead the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of onboarding, employee, and leadership development to build and grow a strong culture of growth and enrichment at Ethos
- Execute talent development programs, including the design of events and interventions, instruction delivery, and analysis of effectiveness
- Develop clear metrics to measure the impact of talent development programs and identify actionable insights to improve
- Scale and grow both the domestic and international onboarding experience for a hybrid remote and in-person environment
- Grow our culture of inclusion and high-performance as we return to the office and identify opportunities to improve upon the way we work in a digital-first hybrid environment
- Work with the functional leaders to understand employee engagement and talent development data, identify trends, and develop action plans to address
- Focus on continuous process improvement to design an end-to-end employee experience that delights and ‘wows’ Ethosaurs and enables us to continue to build a strong talent succession pipeline
We’re excited about you because...
- You are experienced in the field of talent and/or leadership development (ideally 8+ years)
- You are data-driven: you geek out on People data and fundamentally believe that we can’t improve anything we don’t measure
- You have deep learning and development expertise and can lead a development program from conception to implementation with minimal oversight
- You are a leader who understands the intrinsic value of stakeholder management and are just as comfortable leading a presentation to the executive team as you are jumping into Excel to identify actionable insights
- You have experience in a fast-paced, ‘first-principles’ environment and you see this as a challenge
- You understand the value of providing financial security and stability for families and want to help us reach our goal of insuring the next million families
- You have a strong commitment to our core values of: Bias for Action, Serve our Families, Intellectual Rigor, and Speak Your Mind
- You have a passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You are a strong communicator - we feel proud that you represent Ethos
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.