Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
A Day in the Life...
For many people, the pandemic has reinforced the need for stability in their future, and Ethos has been able to fill that void by providing a seamless digital road to financial security - life insurance. On the People Team, our mission is to make the employee experience a competitive advantage for Ethos. We are a core driver of our business strategy by attracting, enriching, and growing our talent. We pride ourselves on being a data-driven company, so you’ll start your week by reviewing the People Team Strategy Asana board to assess how we’re progressing towards our quarterly goals and identify areas that we need to prioritize. You’ll then shift your attention to our equity refresh program, reviewing the benchmarks from peer companies to build a program that enables retention and investment in our success. Then, since the bi-annual Employee Engagement survey has just closed, you’ll need to start building out the analysis so we can identify functional and company-wide trends to share with leadership . Finally, you need to begin to prepare the materials for the upcoming compensation cycle so Managers have everything they need to make equitable and incentivizing decisions about compensation for their teammates. After some final tweaks, you realize you’re on time for the ‘Fireside Chat’ being hosted by Black@Ethos. Engaging in a thoughtful discussion around belonging in the workplace leaves you enthused about reflecting on the conversation with colleagues the next day.
On a day-to-day basis, you will…
As the Director, Compensation & People Analytics, you'll work closely with the Head of People, Recruiting team, and leadership to strategize, implement, scale, and measure people programs designed to enable our business goals. You’ll work across the entire People function - Talent Acquisition, People Ops, Organizational Development - and leverage data to understand trends, challenges, and opportunities, and devise a strategy to address them. At the highest level, success in your role will be about building our capacity to attract, enrich, and grow our talent.
- Partner with the Head of People to understand business goals and build, implement, and measure the People analytics strategy to address them, including employee engagement, recruiting operations, DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion), and organizational development
- Develop the strategic roadmap for compensation philosophy and the tooling required to support a successful execution
- Oversee compensation needs to ensure equitable execution of our compensation philosophy: updating compensation bands, developing equity strategy, executing compensation cycles, and providing guidance on new hires
- Be our subject matter expert and consultant on compensation and equity as we continue to scale
- Collaborate to conduct strategic planning for the People team, including crafting annual and quarterly goals
- Work with the functional leaders to understand employee engagement and organizational development data, identify trends, and develop action plans to address
- Grow our culture of inclusion and high-performance as we return to the office and identify opportunities to improve upon the way we work in a digital-first hybrid environment
- Focus on continuous process improvement to design an end-to-end employee experience that delights and wows Ethosaurs and enables us to continue to build a strong talent succession pipeline
We’re excited about you because...
- You are an experienced People Strategist (ideally 8+ years) with a strong background in compensation and people analytics
- You are data-driven: you geek out on People data and fundamentally believe that we can’t improve anything we don’t measure
- You have deep project management expertise and can lead an initiative from conception to implementation with minimal oversight
- You are a leader who understands the intrinsic value of stakeholder management and are just as comfortable leading a presentation to the executive team as you are jumping into Excel to identify actionable insights
- You have experience in a fast-paced, ‘first-principles’ environment and you see this as an exciting challenge
- You understand the value of providing financial security and stability for families and want to help us reach our goal of insuring the next million families
- You have a strong commitment to our core values of: Bias for Action, Serve our Families, Intellectual Rigor, and Speak Your Mind
- You have a passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You are a self-starter who can quickly ramp-up- no one needs to micromanage you on writing compelling job descriptions, and sending outreach messages
- You are a strong communicator - we feel proud that you represent Ethos
- You have strong Excel and Tableau skills
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.