Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About The Role
You will lead the overall communications strategy, planning and execution, elevating Ethos’s position as a global leader in Life insurance. You have a steady hand, clear point of view and a hunger to build a stand out, category-defining brand with world class communications and PR initiatives.
As a key member of the Marketing organization, you will have the opportunity to tell the Ethos story through customer insights and experiences, national partnerships, product launches, and public policy issues. We are looking for someone that is passionate about creating opportunities to bring these moments to life and elevate our brand. Ethos is experiencing extreme growth in an intensely competitive space, and is looking for a communications professional to join the team. You’ll have the opportunity to share our unique story to the world!
- Lead overall communications strategy, planning and execution, elevating Ethos’s position as a global leader in Life insurance
- Create messaging framework for Ethos’s communications strategy
- Be an internal thought leader on the opportunities for Ethos to stand apart in the category
- Be a vital partner and collaborator in cross-functionally projects, continuously identifying the most compelling storytelling opportunities to showcase Ethos as a category leader
- Devise and execute PR strategy and communications guidance to support announcements of new national partners, products, and key technology milestones
- Identifying and coordinating speaking opportunities that advance our partnerships and product narratives while widening our executive leadership bench
- Collaborate with our People and Recruiting teams to advance our employer brand
- Refine our employer brand and highlight key differentiators that set us apart from our competitors, especially through communications, social media, and video
- Partner with recruiting leaders and hiring managers to develop targeted sourcing strategies
- Manage press inquiries, develop and maintain close, productive relationships with journalists, key partners, and influencers in the business and tech press while educating them on Ethos' business and latest innovations
- Collaborate with the sales team to devise press strategy around insurance industry trade press
- Develop impactful content, including writing blog posts, op-eds, and presentations
- Manage and iterate the comms and PR calendar
- Own strategy, process and execution for crisis communications
- Develop messaging and talking points for spokespeople, including media interviews and speaking opportunities at industry conferences and events
- Create measures for success and impact of the communications and PR strategy
- A minimum of 8 years of professional PR experience; in-house and agency experience required
- Experience developing PR strategies and executing corporate and consumer communications campaigns, ideally at a pre IPO startup
- Experience working on employer brand and employee value proposition
- Deep understanding of product, corporate, and consumer communications
- Strong media contacts across business, consumer, and technology press
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (strong writer required)
- Results oriented: demonstrating intellect, strong work ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable with public speaking
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.