Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
A Day in the Life...
For many people, the pandemic has reinforced the need for stability in their future, and Ethos has been able to fill that void by providing a seamless digital road to financial security - life insurance. Due to our rapid business growth, recruiting is always a top priority since it is a primary catalyst for our business. We pride ourselves on being a data-driven company, so you’ll start your day by reviewing the Recruiting Dashboard to check on priorities and assess where we are for Top of Funnel in order to make any adjustments to current strategy. Before diving into a day of meeting enthusiastic potential Ethosaurs and check-ins with hiring managers, you’ll first execute on your sourcing strategy: reach out to referrals that have come through the team and start a new search because you found a great platform that provides a trove of new candidates. After a few screening calls for the Sales Associate role, you attend the Recruiting Team meeting where you share your metrics and learn about how the technical side of the business is doing. Then, you wave a virtual goodbye to your recruiting colleagues so you can meet with the Chief Revenue Officer to review pipeline and discuss a new position she is opening. After a great kick-off call, you realize you’re on time for Ethos Trivia Night, which is great since you and your team have been practicing and you know tonight’s the night you’re going to take home the trophy. Sure enough, you and your team are victorious - you can’t wait to share this fun story with candidates tomorrow.
On a day-to-day basis, you will…
Our team is Ethos' core asset and will be the primary driver for our ultimate success. As our Business Recruiter, you'll work closely with the founders and executive team to attract and retain the best talent. You will oversee the hiring of go-to-market roles, including Sales, CX, Partnerships, and occasionally Marketing and operational roles.
- Partner with our executive team and Hiring Managers to understand growth goals, develop a recruiting strategy, and prioritize
- Manage full-cycle recruiting for our GTM teams -- from sourcing to interviewing to closing
- Finesse recruiting data and metrics in order to provide reporting to executives and Hiring Managers, as well as drive insights and adjust our strategy
- Work with Ethos hiring managers to refine their craft and enable them to become better recruiters, brand ambassadors, and closers
- Embed DEI into our talent acquisition strategy and working with People Operations to ensure continuity of the experience once the candidate becomes a team member
- Champion and advocate for our employer brand to drive organic, ‘word of mouth’ candidates to Ethos
- Create interview experiences that leave the candidate excited about Ethos regardless of outcome
We’re excited about you because...
- You are an experienced GTM and Business Recruiter (ideally 2+ years experience) who can quickly internalize roles and how they fit into our broader business strategy
- You understand the value of providing financial security and stability for families and wants to help us reach our goal of insuring the next million families
- You have a strong commitment to our core values of: Bias for Action, Serve our Families, Intellectual Rigor, and Speak Your Mind
- You have a track record of hiring sales team members that consistently exceed targets
- You have experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and you see this as a challenge
- You are data-driven: data is a core recruiting input for you that drives your day-to-day and how you work with Hiring Managers
- You have a passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative and can quickly ramp-up -- no one needs micromanage you on writing compelling job descriptions, and sending outreach messages
- You are creative and highly determined - you don't give up if that candidate doesn't respond to your emails, you A/B test or find a different sourcing channel
- You are a strong communicator, both in writing and in speech -- we feel proud that you represent Ethos
- You have experience with Greenhouse, LinkedIn Recruiter, AngelList, or similar recruiting tools
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.