Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020 as well as featured on VentureBeat for raising $60m in our series C funding. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
The role of an Insurance Sales Specialist is to confidently guide customers through the life insurance buying process by educating customers on how life insurance works, which products are best suited for specific situations and to provide a world class customer experience by ensuring transparency in an industry that’s generally overly complicated, ambiguous and slow to adapt.
About the Role
You will be responsible for outreach to customers that begin an application on our site, and will assist customers with their application, as well as guide customers through the final journey of purchasing the policy once they’ve been approved for coverage. If you’re looking for a role that is responsible for shaping the future of life insurance sales and provides security for families in the event that the worst were to happen, then look no further!
To succeed in this role, you should have a strong desire to win and overachieve, while exuding a positive attitude and positive energy with customers and teammates. We’re looking for experienced sales professionals with exceptional communication skills, a strong passion for helping others and a drive to improve and get better each day. In this role, you will:
- Contact and engage potential customers through outbound calls, emails and SMS
- Educate customers on the Ethos product and process
- Uncover and understand an individual’s needs through in-depth discovery and position Ethos’ value according to those specific needs
- Build relationships and instill trust with customers in order to drive monthly and quarterly conversion targets
- Partner with colleagues in sales, marketing, customer experience, and product in order to execute team and company goals
- Manage a pipeline of customers and perform follow-up through the application and purchasing process
- Iterate and improve upon workflows and outreach strategies
- Drive referral activity by creating positive customer experiences
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2-3 years of experience in sales, market or business development, account management, or related roles
- Proficiency working with Salesforce or equivalent sales/CRM software
- Strong sales track record and exceptional sales techniques
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to identify friction points for the customer and come up with solutions
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Start up grit and can adapt to changes quickly
- Incredible drive to win
- Quick learner comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills including strong phone presence
- Life insurance experience strongly preferred, but not required
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.