Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020 as well as featured on VentureBeat for raising $60m in our series C funding. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
You’ll spend part of your time collaborating closely with business partners in product, engineering, underwriting, sales, customer support, finance and marketing teams — to ensure we’re focused on the biggest opportunities and interpreting our data correctly. And you’ll spend the other part of your time building analytics models and systems that help scale our insights more broadly, both throughout the company and directly in the product. We expect you to demonstrate clear communication, strong desire to execute and best-in-class craftsmanship.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own products and features such as pricing and product recommendations, underwriting and risk assessment, fraud detection, sales and underwriting optimization, marketing optimization, and others that lend themselves naturally to ML / AI solutions.
- Become the internal expert in thinking about how data can be leveraged to improve upon processes and products (e.g. analyze chat logs to automate customer service routing) or how to design an entirely new experience altogether (product matching for customers of different cohorts/segments). Ultimately, your work will go towards directly improving key metrics for user-facing products and features.
- Synthesize data learnings into compelling stories and communicate them throughout Ethos.
- Act as a strategic partner to functional teams and Ethos executives; initiate and execute on data-driven analyses to help prioritize opportunities and provide actionable recommendations
- Prototype new analytics & machine learning models that improve both our insights and the product directly.
- Work across multiple subject matter experts to drive new data initiatives, automation of reports, establish best practices and mentor junior members in the team.
- Lead analytics projects to completion.
- Work cross functionally to find ways to scale our insights through better systems and automation.
- Foster a data-driven culture
- Communicate not just findings, but also your recommendations to key stakeholders and executives
- Use your insights to advocate for our members in everything we do
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis, data science, and/or data-driven product management
- Expert knowledge of SQL, R, and Python
- Expertise with data visualization tools to convey actionable insights to product managers and business leaders
- Experience in A/B testing and experimentation best practices
- Knowledge of basic statistical techniques; linear and logistic regression, chain ladder method, confidence interval
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.