Ethos is a new kind of life insurance built for people who don't have time for fine print, extra doctor's appointments or hidden fees. We have transformed a 15 week process of paper applications and medical exams, into just the click of a button - by quantifying the user’s health risk using predictive models.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as CNBC's 100 startups to look out for, as well as featured on Forbes for being one of Sequoia Capital's key investments. We are growing quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.As the Director of Product Analytics, you will lead a motivated, exceptional team and be the go-to partner on experimentation and insights generation for Ethos. You will uncover shifting trends in user behavior, generate powerful insights that drive product prioritization and recommendations, and optimize the effectiveness of our paid growth and acquisition efforts, playing a central role in shaping Ethos’ strategy and growth. Underpinning your work will be a collaboration with Engineering to implement well-defined taxonomies of Ethos’ product, ensuring analysis-friendly data production.
- Build and directly lead / manage a team of 5-7, overseeing acquisition, growth, and product analytics
- Foster a data-driven, test-and-learn culture with your passion for telling stories with data and surfacing insights through exploratory analytics, experimentation, in-depth research into the user journey / customer funnel, and data science
- Influence change in strategy by presenting insights and recommendations to a variety of levels within the organization, including executives
- Identify what KPIs, data, features and events will evidence whether success has been achieved, where it has been achieved, and why
- Lead experimentation optimization by providing guidance on the experiments that should be run, how they should be run (what sample size and sample populations should be included), what events and properties should be tracked, and how to analyze results to understand attribution, causation, and incremental lift
- Work across the org to build lasting data modeling solutions to power production systems
- Data Infrastructure: work within RedShift and developing ETL frameworks to automate process
- You have an advanced degree, or equivalent working experience, in Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field
- You have 7+ years experience doing quantitative analysis and 3+ years managing teams of data scientists or analysts
- You are not only a SQL expert, but have also analyzed data to understand user journeys, customer funnels and conversion drivers
- You understand how to optimize event tracking - what should be tracked, how it should be structured and taxonomies that should be applied
- You have owned experiment design and analysis from end to end, understanding not only how to set up experiments (determining who is in the populations, sample size, how they are deployed, how long they run, etc.) but also analyzed the results by doing deep dives to understand attribution, causation, and incremental lift. (Understanding how and when to go beyond 3rd party experimentation platform analytics, like Optimizely, a plus)
- You have exceptional communication skills, having distilled and presented complex findings to senior leadership
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.