Ethos is a new kind of life insurance built for people who don't have time for fine print, extra doctor's appointments or hidden fees. We have transformed a 15 week process of paper applications and medical exams, into just the click of a button - by quantifying the user’s health risk using predictive models.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as CNBC's 100 startups to look out for, as well as featured on Forbes for being one of Sequoia Capital's key investments. We are growing quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Team:
The Ethos Marketing team is a centralized, multi-disciplinary group of marketers, strategists, designers, storytellers and makers who work across product groups and functions. We are designing the future and the today of the Ethos brand through every interaction within and outside of the product. We are specialists within our individual areas of expertise and collaborators to connect with, and support our customers at every touchpoint.
About the Role:
The Director of Marketing Analytics will oversee analytics for the entire Marketing function, ensuring strong insight and decision support for all channels (TV, Radio, DM, SEM, SEO, Email, Display, etc). The ideal candidate combines outstanding business acumen and communication skills with world class quantitative skills, with experience in applying test design and analysis and multivariate modeling methodologies across a range of performance marketing channels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for analyzing, measuring, and optimizing our marketing investments and tactics across multiple channels
- Drive excellent practices and technical standards for establishing KPIs and goals for Marketing, developing information suites (Dashboards, reports, visualizations) fit for C-level consumption, and marketing campaign tracking and measurement
- Build a talented team of individual contributors to scale your impact within the organization
- Develop and improve multi-touch attribution models and frameworks to assign credit for traffic and conversions across a variety of Marketing channels and touchpoints
- Partner closely with our Data Science team to ensure proper instrumentation of marketing data into our core data warehouse, and align on methodology for analysis and implementation
- Leverage our data to scale our ability to optimize marketing through the entire lifecycle of live events and the customer journey
- Help the marketing channel owners optimize return on their effort and spending through analysis, controlled experiments, quasi-experiments, and pre-post analyses
- Run the weekly Marketing Performance Meeting with the C-suite team, providing rigorous, impartial feedback, measurement advice, and thought leadership
- Present findings and recommendations for action to senior leaders of the marketing organization, and support the individual contributors on your team to do the same for their work
Qualifications and Skills:
- 8+ years of analytics experience with demonstrated expertise in business or marketing analytics
- Strong, clear communication, experience working with senior leadership
- Management experience of high-performing data scientists / analysts with the ability to prioritize numerous work-streams across multiple stakeholders and direct reports
- Proficiency with SQL required
- Knowledge of statistics, specifically experimental design and analysis
- Familiarity with common KPIs, metrics, and growth experiments
- Experience with consumer mobile products preferred
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.