Ethos is a new kind of life insurance built for people who don't have time for fine print, extra doctor's appointments or hidden fees. We have transformed a 15 week process of paper applications and medical exams, into just the click of a button - by quantifying the user’s health risk using predictive models.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as CNBC's 100 startups to look out for, as well as featured on Forbes for being one of Sequoia Capital's key investments. We are growing quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
Ethos is an extremely data driven company. We take every decision backed by data. Making data and insights available to everyone in the company is the mission of data engineering team. You will work with some of the brightest people helping drive infrastructure and insights to disrupt one of the oldest and largest industry in the country.
- Build realtime data pipelines to ingest structured and unstructured data into data warehouse.
- Build ETL pipelines using Airflow to drive analytics, reporting and machine learning.
- Build and maintain data governance, classification and dictionary.
- Constantly improve A/B test framework and reporting.
- Support leadership and every single team with research on key business initiatives and challenges.
- 2+ years of solid software engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience with ETL and Data Pipelines.
- 2+ years of experience with Airflow, Hive, Presto etc.
- 2+ years of experience with Python.
- Comfortable with navigating complex topics and using data to make decisions.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.