Vision. Our vision is that every student, regardless of their circumstances or background, has the opportunity to set and realize an ambitious dream for themselves. Our mission is to re-imagine learning so it's student centered, enabling students to succeed in school and life.
Impact. Our work makes a significant difference in students' lives. Independent testing data from public school districts across the country consistently show that students learn more in areas of personalized study with eSpark. One researcher from MIT, who evaluated an eSpark in Boston Public Schools, wrote: “I find strong positive, significant effects of eSpark for both math and English Language Arts (ELA). So the eSpark intervention, which is just 30 minutes a day, led to almost half the effect of a full year in a high performing charter school. I view these as very impressive gains. The findings made a substantial dent into the black-white achievement gap.”
Growth. In the last year, more than 1.3 million students used eSpark (up more than 150%), many of them for the first time. Our customer satisfaction (measured by net promoter score) has grown steadily and is now 79. We’re on track to more than double our new bookings this year.
Pandemic. The 2020-2021 school year is a time of unprecedented challenges for teachers, students, parents, and schools.
We believe -- and saw in the spring -- that eSpark’s personalized curriculum, made of fun and educational games and videos and adapted to each student; our commitment to providing teachers the tools and live support they need to support both remote and in-person learning; and our engaged team focused together on supporting educators and learners, can be a powerful help to teachers and to the students most at risk of falling behind during the pandemic.
Job Description: As a Growth Product Manager, you'll lead a team of engineers, teachers, a designer, and marketer to bring the magic of eSpark's engaging personalized learning to more teachers and students. You'll own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of remarkable experiences for students, teachers, and principals. You will work on all aspects of the product from initial awareness and signup through to regular use and monetization. The initial focus in 2021 will accelerating teacher signups and classroom activations.
- Work with cross-functional team to develop a strategy for growth given the company’s objectives
- Collaborate with marketing, product, design, and engineering teams to develop a roadmap of projects that reflects business priorities, cost, and timing
- Collaborate with marketing to adapt our website, landing pages and messaging for specific stakeholders like teachers, principals, and district leaders
- Prioritize features and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers, designer, and teacher to ship high-quality experiences.
- Conduct basic research, interviews, and usability testing to understand user needs and how to meet them elegantly and effectively. Integrate user research, market analysis, and customer feedback into product specs
- Inform product decisions with quantitative and qualitative data on user behavior and experimentation (e.g. a/b testing, survey data, usability studies).
- Define methods and metrics for identifying success and failure while ensuring the team is clear on their objectives.
- Product Management Experience. You have 2+ years managing a high performing product or growth team that consistently delivers impact.
- Data-Driven: You always get the data you need, and you can distill it into an insightful story. Most importantly, you leverage data to drive decisions.
- Technical Skills. You have the ability to inform and evaluate engineering decisions.
- Customer Empathy. You have strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs.