Ergatta is seeking a VP of Product to join the NYC headquarters team!
Ergatta is a fitness tech startup that is creating a new consumer category: game-based home cardio equipment. The first of these is the Ergatta Rower, which provides a challenging, competitive, full-body digital fitness experience centered around an indoor rowing machine. As fitness activity shifts into the home—rapidly accelerated by COVID-19— we believe the big winners will be those that innovate around what is on screen. Our game-based content provides a fundamentally new and different consumer experience, radically different from the instructor-led traditional offerings. Ergatta recently closed a $30M Series A, led by Advance Venture Partners and joined by Greycroft (who led Ergatta's seed round), Fifth Wall, Gaingels, and Hans Tung (GCV).
Ergatta is looking for a VP of Product to lead our software product organization through its next phase of growth as we establish ourselves as the market leader in game-based home fitness for mainstream consumers. The role will be responsible for shaping and effectively implementing our product vision, ensuring continuous innovation and market leadership at the intersection of fitness and gaming.
We’re looking for a hands-on and seasoned consumer product leader who deeply understands how to leverage game mechanics and social interactions to drive regular use and network effects. This role will be a key member of the Ergatta leadership team and will report directly to the COO. You will have a team of 4 direct reports to start, and will be tasked with building out a larger team over time. This role will have the ability to shape the future of digital fitness, and more importantly drive meaningful impact on the lives of thousands by bringing the power of daily fitness within reach.
- Shape and ultimately own product vision and strategy in collaboration with the executive team
- Own the long-term execution against product vision and strategy
- Lead, develop, and build the product team including Product, Design and Analytics resources
- Own for roadmap planning, management and execution
- Establish, implement and evolve key product planning, discovery, development, and marketing processes
- Collaborate cross-functionally with leadership from other relevant departments, including Engineering, Marketing (Growth, Retention & Brand), and Customer Experience.
- Effectively represent the Product vision and organization internally and externally
- 8+ years in product management, with at least 4+ years at a consumer product (or 2+ recent years), and 2+ years leading/managing a team
- Direct experience using game mechanics and social features to drive engagement, retention and network effects
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and managing a team
- Demonstrated expertise using modern forms of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development processes
- Experience shaping and evangelizing a product vision
- Roadmap ownership; experience managing a roadmap and being accountable for execution against it
- Business leadership experience; 1+ years representing the Product organization on a company leadership/executive team
- Have strong quantitative reasoning skills
- Fluency with consumer product metrics and analyses
- Interest in fitness and gaming a plus
Ergatta offers competitive salaries, stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, and unlimited PTO.
Ergatta celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.