Ergatta is seeking a Director of Brand to join our Marketing leadership team!
Ergatta is a fitness tech startup that is creating a new consumer category: game-based home cardio equipment. The first of these is the Ergatta Rower, which provides a challenging, competitive, full-body digital fitness experience centered around an indoor rowing machine. As fitness activity shifts into the home—rapidly accelerated by COVID-19— we believe the big winners will be those that innovate around what is on screen. Our game-based content provides a fundamentally new and different consumer experience, radically different from the instructor-led traditional offerings. Ergatta recently closed a $30M Series A, led by Advance Venture Partners and joined by Greycroft (who led Ergatta's seed round), Fifth Wall, Gaingels, and Hans Tung (GCV).
The Director of Brand is a critical member of the marketing leadership at Ergatta. This person will help to define the unique vision of our brand and lead the implementation of that brand across all customer touchpoints, eventually including new activations and campaigns. You will leverage our distinctive approach to digital fitness content, beautifully designed products and competitive and highly engaged member base to bring the story of Ergatta to market with focus and clarity. You will partner with our creative, product, growth, customer experience and retention teams to ensure brand vision and strategy is consistently adopted throughout channels and member touchpoints. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in developing the strategy behind emerging and disruptive brands, and, critically, the ability to effectively implement said strategy cross-functionally across the organization. They have a passion for creating disruptor brands, a keen interest in digital fitness, and unparalleled cross-functional leadership skills.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and refine the unique brand positioning and messaging strategy for Ergatta
- Develop and own the Ergatta communications calendar, aligning cross-channel messaging strategy across relevant teams and resources
- Lead the development of media relations strategy and serve as primary partner for agency resources
- Lead the development of content strategy, partnering with copywriting resources to create content-driven experiences
- Manage the brand marketing budget, allocating funding to strategic brand campaigns and activations in line with business growth goals
- Improve aided and unaided brand awareness for Ergatta
- Partner closely with Creative teams to refine brand identity and implement it effectively across all touchpoints
- Develop experimentation plan for testing physical brand activations that drive awareness and engagement with target audiences
- Partner cross-functionally to bring our brand to life in a consistent way across marketing channels, the website, the product, 1:1 CX interactions, and any other place in which members or leads interact with Ergatta
- Ultimately, define and bring to life a distinctive, singular brand that looks and feels different from class-based connected fitness companies and that resonates with our target customer
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7-10 years of brand marketing experience, preferably at emerging/disruptor brands
- Direct experience developing distinctive brand positioning and messaging strategy
- Direct experience defining tone of voice and overseeing copywriting across different channels
- Experience leveraging consumer insights and translating into meaningful actions for brand strategy
- Experience within fitness/wellness brands strongly preferred
- Direct experience developing a content strategy, including owned social, and overseeing its implementation
- Experience surveying and measuring brand awareness and translating results into meaningful business strategy
- Direct experience creating and managing a communications calendar leveraged by relevant teams, agencies and cross-functional partners
- Cross-functional leadership skills and high level of influence with partners
- Proven track record as a successful and inspiring manager leading direct reports
Bonus points if you have:
- A strong DTC background
- Passion for fitness and the at-home fitness experience
- Experience in 0 to 1 phase at a high growth organization
Ergatta offers competitive salaries, stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, and unlimited PTO.
Ergatta celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.