Ergatta is seeking an experienced back-end software engineer to join the engineering team!
Ergatta is a fitness tech startup that is creating a new consumer category: gaming-enabled home cardio equipment. The first of these is the Ergatta Rower, which provides a challenging, competitive, full-body digital fitness experience centered around an indoor rowing machine. As fitness activity shifts into the home—rapidly accelerated by COVID-19— we believe the big winners will be those that innovate around what is on screen. Our gaming-inspired content provides a fundamentally new and different consumer experience, radically different from the class-based model. Ergatta recently closed a $30M Series A, led by Advance Venture Partners and joined by Greycroft (who led Ergatta's seed round), Fifth Wall, Gaingels, and Hans Tung. This new funding brings Ergatta's total capital to raised to $35M.
Ergatta is looking for an experienced back-end engineer! You will be working on the REST API that powers the flagship Ergatta experience. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build new features, work on and implement optimizations for performance, and develop new ways to support communications with our front-end experiences. You’ll be responsible for turning product specifications into a scalable web service, written in Go and using PostgreSQL, that supports workout experiences used daily by our users.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Passion for building scalable and performant web services
- 3+ years of software development experience, with 2+ years of experience working on web services
- Fluency in Go, or a comparable language
- Experience working with a relational database system like PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience doing concurrent programming
- A love for CPU and memory profiling
- Experience with Git or Mercurial
- Ability to collaborate with UX and design teams on design execution feasibility
- Ability to effectively translate Product, UX and UI requirements into code implementations
Bonus points if you have:
- A passion for fitness or gaming
- Experience with automation testing
- Interest in DevOps tools like CI and CD
- Solid understanding of clean software design principles
- A GitHub profile with project(s) you can walk us through
Ergatta offers competitive salaries, stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, and unlimited PTO.
Ergatta celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.