Ergatta is seeking a Director of Retention to lead member engagement strategy!
Ergatta is a fitness tech startup that is creating a new consumer category: game-based home cardio equipment. The first of these is the Ergatta Rower, which provides a challenging, competitive, full-body digital fitness experience centered around an indoor rowing machine. As fitness activity shifts into the home—rapidly accelerated by COVID-19— we believe the big winners will be those that innovate around what is on screen. Our gaming-inspired content provides a fundamentally new and different consumer experience, radically different from the class-based model.
Ergatta closed a seed round of funding in July 2020 led by Greycroft Partners, with participation by Techstars, Mark Pincus (Zynga), Chamillionaire, and others. We are approaching another period of rapid growth at Ergatta, and are looking for someone to help accelerate the growth and development of our member engagement strategy. As the lead architect and quarterback of our retention marketing program, you will be responsible for developing an engagement strategy that drives product usage, referrals, and community participation.
To be successful, you should be experienced in leveraging email, SMS, push notifications and other channels to drive member action. You should be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams and be a strategic problem-solver. You should be member-focused (or rather, obsessed!) and determined to create experiences and campaigns that drive affinity, loyalty and evangelism amongst our base.
- Drive adoption rates, speed to account creation/initial calibration rates and overall LTV
- Drive growth of our email channel through AB/MV testing and use of personalization
- Develop segmentation research and accompanying personas (prospect and usage)
- Develop trigger-based strategy for engagement opportunities, leveraging a deep understanding of each persona and accompanying qualitative/quantitative insights
- Partner with CX to standardize Brand interactions beginning with post-purchase shipping confirmations
- Partner with Product, Analytics and Content resources to design campaigns that span app and owned channels to increase usage and engagement
- Partner with Head of Marketing and Marketing Associate to develop referral program and own WOM channel strategy
- 7+ years of marketing experience, with a focus on retention and engagement
- CRM experience, including segmentation research
- Proven track record of leveraging data and translating into true consumer insights relevant for the business
- Marketing automation software usage experience
- Email marketing expertise
- Cross-functional leadership skills
- Familiarity with subscription/recurring revenue business models and unit economics
- Prior ownership of LTV metrics; deep understanding of churn curves
- Experience with A/B testing software (Optimizely, Maxymiser, Target etc.)
- Passion for fitness and the at-home fitness experience
Ergatta offers competitive salaries, stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, and unlimited PTO.
Ergatta celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.