Ergatta is seeking a VP to run its stellar software engineering team!
Ergatta is a fitness tech startup that is creating a new consumer category: gaming-enabled home cardio equipment. The first of these is the Ergatta Rower, which provides a challenging, competitive, full-body digital fitness experience centered around an indoor rowing machine. As fitness activity shifts into the home—rapidly accelerated by COVID-19— we believe the big winners will be those that innovate around what is on screen. Our gaming-inspired content provides a fundamentally new and different consumer experience, radically different from the class-based model.
Ergatta closed a seed round of funding in July 2020 led by Greycroft Partners, with participation by Techstars, Mark Pincus (Zynga), Chamillionaire, and others. We are approaching another period of rapid growth at Ergatta, and are looking for someone to help accelerate the growth of our software engineering team. Your responsibilities will include leading a diverse team of developers, recruiting new members to the team, collaborating with product and customer experience, and improving company policies and standards.
To be successful, you should have prior experience, both in software development and in organizational leadership. You should be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams and be a strategic problem-solver. A top-notch candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with and recruit other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design.
- Lead and develop the team through management and mentorship
- Lead and refine interviewing process to ensure hiring of high potential individuals
- Work with cross-functional teams to align development timelines with product- and customer experience priorities
- Define and oversee engineering events, including hackathons, tech talks, etc.
- Work to refine the onboarding process for new engineers to incorporate them into the company development culture
- Help define processes and standards to ensure the delivery of high quality, reliable, maintainable code
- Provide technical guidance to engineers on best practices for coding, documentation, testing, etc.
- Work with other stakeholders to prepare and optimize budgets
- Experience building and leading teams in a rapidly growing, preferably small, company
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Strong fundamental programming skills
- Strong organizational leadership skills, including 5+ years of managing engineering teams
- Strong personal development skills
- Experience creating hiring strategies to develop quality teams
- Experience recruiting engineers
- Previous working experience in software design and development
- Bonus for experience working on hardware/software products
- Bonus for experience working with consumer-facing applications
Ergatta offers competitive salaries, stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, and unlimited PTO.
Ergatta celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.