Era Software is a fast-growing, fully remote startup redefining the observability data management, analytics, and log management space. Era Software's CEO and co-founder Todd Persen, former CTO of InfluxData, joins forces with Robert Winslow, Era's co-founder, and CTO, to revolutionize the value that organizations get from their data. Era Software's flagship products are EraCloud and EraSearch, built on innovative EraDB technology, which delivers low-cost, real-time, high-scale log management for all enterprise teams, eliminating engineering toil and unifying data silos.
At Era, we strive for our culture to be one of kindness as well as technical excellence. We promise to do our best to prioritize our employees' well-being, both on the job and outside of it. In our collaborative environment, your teammates will support your creativity, provide clear communication, and give you the encouragement you need to thrive.
EraSoftware is looking to hire a hands-on solutions engineer to work alongside our passionate teams. As a solutions engineer, you will be required to conduct discovery calls with our trained Sales team, demonstrate the features of Era products, and create customized software solutions for the client.
You will also work closely with the engineering and product teams on bug’s, enhancements and feature requests to add to the product roadmaps. You will also test out solutions for our customers to elevate issues they may encounter.
To ensure success as a solutions engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of software, hardware and cloud systems, a passion for solutioning the right tool for the job, and high-level communications skills. Ultimately, a top-notch solutions engineer drives sales by creating specialized value solutions, tailor-made to the customer's needs.
- Conducting client discovery calls with sales representatives.
- Lead proof of concept design and implementation.
- Meet with clients to discuss their hardware and software needs.
- Strategize with the sales team to create value solutions.
- Design and install customized software with customers.
- Providing post-installation follow-ups.
- Developing relationships and maintaining customer relations.
- Supporting the sales team with all technical related queries.
- Draft and create media messages on our unique solutions like blog posts, white papers, etc.
- Testing the performance of the installed system and documenting and testing bugs.
- Testing the validity of the solutions for our customers.
- Document setup and what is need to make solutions work for our customers.
- Create feature requests for our products to satisfy the needs of our customers.
- Advise on product roadmap priorities based on customer needs.
Solutions Engineer Requirements:
- Curious mindset driving outside the box thinking.
- Ability to learn from everyone's different perspectives.
- Previous work experience as a solutions engineer is a plus.
- Familiarity with business hardware and software systems such as a CRM.
- High-level communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create architectures for our customers.
- Ability to present ideas in a clean, user-friendly way.
- Attention to detail.
- 100% health, dental, and vision insurance covered for you and your dependents
- 401(k) with 6% match
- Unlimited vacation and sick leave
- $3,000 home office stipend upon joining plus an additional $1,500 per year thereafter