Era Software is a fast-growing, fully remote startup redefining the observability data management, analytics, and log management space. Era Software's CEO and co-founder Todd Persen, former CTO of InfluxData, joins forces with Robert Winslow, Era's co-founder, and CTO, to revolutionize the value that organizations get from their data. Era Software's flagship products are EraCloud and EraSearch, built on innovative EraDB technology, which delivers low-cost, real-time, high-scale log management for all enterprise teams, eliminating engineering toil and unifying data silos.
At Era, we strive for our culture to be one of kindness as well as technical excellence. We promise to do our best to prioritize our employees' well-being, both on the job and outside of it. In our collaborative environment, your teammates will support your creativity, provide clear communication, and give you the encouragement you need to thrive.
About The Position
We are looking for our first TMM hire, Sr. Director of Technical Marketing Management, who will be instrumental in driving our success. As Sr. Director of Technical Marketing Management, you will help drive value propositions and educate decision makers in the cloud observability data management and monitoring space about Era Software’s products. You will be responsible for helping build and deliver demonstrations to a variety of engineering audiences. Prior experience in technical marketing for enterprise software and successful collaboration with engineering and product marketing or management functions to deliver products to market is essential. You will likely be an excellent fit for this role if you 1) have technical marketing experience in the monitoring (applications or infrastructure), observability, or data analytics space and 2) have built demos, contributed to technical blogs, and delivered technical training and videos to IT, DevOps, and development teams in the past.
You are passionate about creating technical marketing content, demos, blogs, and videos. You also love working with cloud technologies, as well as with open-source and proprietary software. You have hands-on experience with cloud-native technologies, monitoring, Kubernetes, and modern software development. You like to work in a startup environment with a great culture and an experienced team.
- Contribute to a great environment and directly influence marketing and sales engineering efforts
- Create compelling technical content for marketing material, such as demos, training, and competitive material, to educate our customers and differentiate Era Software’s products in the fast-growing observability data management space
- Create technical marketing materials, including demos, technical presentations, videos, and blogs
- Collaborate with product marketing on introducing new products and features to market, including technical training for internal and external audiences, tradeshows, and analyst briefings
- Participate in technical sales enablement with competitive insights and demo content
- Help deliver virtual and in-person (if the pandemic situation allows) webinars and attend and present at conferences
- Support analyst engagements with technical marketing content and demonstrations
- 5+ years of technical marketing experience in IT enterprise software and, ideally, with monitoring, analytics, or management products used by enterprise teams including IT, DevOps, and development
- Hands-on experience in a variety of technologies including open-source software, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Solid experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Go, Python, Java
- Technical degree in engineering or computer science preferred
- Extra points if you have DevRel and/or security experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative, inclusive, and innovative high-growth environment
- Ability to travel up to 20-25% (if pandemic allows) to support events and conferences
- Located in the US and fully remote, ideally in the Pacific or Mountain time zone
- 100% health, dental, and vision insurance covered for you and your dependents
- 401(k) with 6% match
- Unlimited vacation and sick leave
- $3,000 home office stipend upon joining plus an additional $1,500 per year thereafter