Erasca is a clinical-stage precision oncology company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing medicines for the benefit of patients with cancer. Our programs take novel approaches to shutting down one of cancer’s most commonly mutated signaling cascades, the RAS/MAPK pathway, which affects approximately 5.5 million lives each year worldwide. The name “Erasca” has an important embedded meaning: it is a contraction of our audacious hope to “erase cancer” that drives our mission and everything that we do on behalf of patients with cancer.
Sr Research Associate, In Vivo Pharmacology
As a member of the biology research team, this individual will focus on in vivo support to translational research efforts and generate nonclinical data packages that support Erasca’s mission of erasing cancer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently execute in vivo PK/PD/efficacy studies that support nonclinical and clinical stage oncology programs.
- Administer small molecule compounds and biologics to naïve and tumor-bearing rodents (mouse and rat), measure endpoints such as tumor volume and body weight and collect biospecimens.
- Grow and maintain cell lines for tumor implantation.
- Follow study protocol, IACUC protocols, SOP and animal welfare policy in animal studies. Help maintain laboratory and supply inventories.
- Available on weekends and holidays to support animal studies (e.g., animal dosing) when working from Monday to Friday
- Have effective troubleshooting, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Work both independently and collaboratively. Candidates must be flexible and have strong multitasking skills.
- Collect, organize, and present scientific/technical data internally and in project team meetings.
- Perform all duties in keeping with the Company’s core values, policies and all applicable regulations.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS/MS in Cancer Biology, Cancer Immunology, Pharmacology or related field
- Must have at least 4 years’ experience with animal work in field of oncology
Required Technical Skills:
In vivo skills necessary to validate and implement rodent oncology models including:
- Animal study preparation (e.g., ear tag and randomization using computer software)
- Multiple routes of dosing (e.g., p.o., i.p., i.v.)
- Measurement of subcutaneous tumor volume by caliper
- Blood collection via various routes (e.g., tail vein, terminal cardiac and retro orbital)
- Necropsy and collection of tumor/organs
- Euthanasia/carcass disposal
- Animal Husbandry and IACUC experience
- Be able to assess and identify animal health issues and record daily
In vitro skills including:
- Cell culture including culture of primary human cancer cells is required
- Homogenization of tumor samples
Oncology in vivo experience is required.
Expertise in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and Prism is required.
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Strong and effective troubleshooting, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Flexibility, attention to detail, and excellent multitasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong learning orientation, curiosity, and passion for science and patients.
Erasca, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of sex , race, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.