Erasca is a clinical-stage precision oncology company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing medicines for the benefit of patients with cancer. Our programs take novel approaches to shutting down one of cancer’s most commonly mutated signaling cascades, the RAS/MAPK pathway, which affects approximately 5.5 million lives each year worldwide. The name “Erasca” has an important embedded meaning: it is a contraction of our audacious hope to “erase cancer” that drives our mission and everything that we do on behalf of patients with cancer.
Sr Director FP&A
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Finance, the Sr Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will partner with functional leaders to guide all aspects of financial planning including the annual budget, long range plan, and regular forecasts. The individual will also provide decision analysis and support leaders in their efforts to scale up operations for growth. This individual may also support deal analysis including in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities and work closely with the CFO to conduct strategic financial analysis and provide guidance to analysts and investors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the management of key financial processes for budgeting, forecasting, and KPI reporting.
- Oversee the annual budget and mid-year forecasts partnering with functional business leaders across the organization.
- Develop robust and meaningful presentations for Executive and Board meetings.
- Partner with accounting to ensure close collaboration and coordination on how financial data is recorded and reported internally.
- Partner with all department heads to ensure that functional teams receive timely and accurate financial information to support management of their respective operations.
- Monitor and analyze functional area financial results vs. plan and effectively communicate information and conclusions.
- Assist the accounting organization with quarterly close preparations by providing analysis for variances in financial operating results (i.e. preparation or review of audit flux reports).
- Provide financial analysis and build effective modeling tools as it relates to clinical trial costs and estimates.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and financial modeling to support key management decisions and business development opportunities.
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required. MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- A minimum of 10+ years in an FP&A capacity required; experience in the life science industry with knowledge of drug discovery and clinical development highly preferred.
- This candidate should have excellent analysis skills, should think strategically, and have prior experience in financial modeling.
- Experience with Adaptive Insights software strongly preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of the nuance of finance in a rapidly changing environment, including monthly and quarterly updates and rolling forecasts. A strong track record of working in a dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- This candidate should have prior experience in partnering with and supporting executive leadership and functional department heads and have an aptitude for effective communication at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; a collaborative team player with a can-do attitude and the ability to identify and implement creative solutions to complex problems.
- Strong learning orientation, curiosity, and passion for science and patients.
Erasca, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of sex , race, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.