EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We enable private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served 125+ premier tech and digital health companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 3 of the largest unicorns. We’re moving fast, with double and in some cases triple-digit percentage growth across metrics including headcount, transaction volume, revenue and users over the past year. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
We’re looking for an experienced Back End Engineer to join our growing team as we rapidly expand our industry-defining online investment platform. Our ideal candidate has exposure to B2C applications and is always thinking about improving performance, testability, and maintainability. They enjoy ideating and collaborating with designers and are passionate about writing clean and reusable code. Our team is a group of ambitious, yet humble people across all disciplines and backgrounds. If our team and values interest you and you’d like to work in a company poised for hyper-growth, please reach out to us!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be a key contributor in developing highly visible and impactful projects using Python (Django/GraphQL) with deployment to the AWS Cloud
- Assist with key areas of back end development including but not limited to application architecture and development, data pipelines/ETL, platform security, scalability and resilience
- Work hand-in-hand with designers, PMs, data scientists, business stakeholders, and fellow engineers to ideate, design, and implement key initiatives and end-user experiences that are used by tens of thousands of customers as well as our internal teams
- Use cutting-edge technologies and introduce improvements to our stack, end-user experience, business processes, and workflows via rapid prototypes/proof-of-concepts
- Collaborate with our agile team that champions software development best practices
THE RIGHT STUFF
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience working with Python applications in production
- Deep understanding of the Python ecosystem and idioms for writing performant and scalable code.
- Exposure to concurrent application development is a huge plus including working with languages like Golang, Java and Scala.
- Well versed in all aspects of SDLC including CICD and testing methodologies
- Exposure to working in environments with monitoring (e.g. Prometheus, Datadog), Alerting (e.g. Pagerduty) and devops experience (k8s, chef, ansible) in an AWS stack is a strong plus.
- Experience with relational databases (Postgres, Mysql) is preferred.
- Hands on experience developing GraphQL schemas and/or Swagger definitions for GraphQL and RESTful APIs, respectively
- Experience working on a fast-paced, lean organization that is 100% accountable for its commitments
- Able to take high-level requests, break them down to digestible tasks, and own them to completion
- Passionate about writing maintainable code, automated testing, and thorough code review
- Strong oral and written communication skills
OUR TECH STACK
EquityZen runs a robust stack which is containerized and deployed on Kubernetes in the AWS cloud. On the front end, we leverage React, Redux and GraphQL. On the back end, Django, Celery, PostgreSQL, Golang, ElasticSearch, and RabbitMQ.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience mentoring team members on new technologies
- Experience conducting product demonstrations for non-technical users
- Entrepreneurial experience and drive
- Prior work in financial services or the FinTech sector
- First hand understanding of marketplace businesses
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN
- Experience working on a fast growing and fast moving team who is passionate about building amazing products that provide high value to our customers and are a pleasure to use
- Hands on experience with the venture capital and technology-driven startup ecosystems
- Opportunity to work closely with business stakeholders across the entire organization, including the founding team
- Equity, competitive salary, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, stocked fridge, supply of snacks, weekly catered lunch and more!
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.