EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We’re looking for a Private Market Associate to join EquityZen’s growing team as we redefine private markets. If you are an energetic salesperson who has an interest in technology and finance and is constantly looking for creative ways to increase the top of funnel, let’s chat!
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served over 200 pre-IPO technology companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 2 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 12,000+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets.Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Reporting to the Sales Director, this person will work with Shareholders (employees, founders, ex-employees, early investors) in assisting them to liquidate their shares
- Be a key EquityZen ambassador and first line of contact for fielding inbound inquiries from shareholders and ensuring all requests are processed in a timely manner
- Drive company growth goals by effective sales outreach and shareholder relations through sourcing new acquisitions via multiple outbound channels
- Build, maintain, and manage shareholder and issuer relations
- Work with issuers directly to promote the benefits of employee liquidity programs
- Work cross-functionally with our internal Demand, Legal, Marketing, and Marketplace teams to facilitate offerings
- Identify process improvement opportunities and work with our Engineering and Product teams to automate and optimize our platform and processes
- Develop strong command of the pre-IPO Market
THE RIGHT STUFF
- 2+ years of relevant sales experience ideally selling financial products
- Undergraduate degree
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses required
- Collaborative approach and team player mentality
- Self-driven, motivated and invigorated by achieving ambitious goals
- Process-oriented, data-driven and tech-forward
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- A 2-year track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Experience selling private tech investments (crowdfunding, pre-IPO, private equity stakes)
- Experience selling investments to the HNWI (high net worth individual) investor channel
- Experience using Salesforce or a similar CRM
- An interest in the venture capital asset class
EquityZen offers a competitive salary, stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), individual professional development and wellness budget, flexible paid time off, and more!
We are dedicated to prioritizing all employees’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a new, socially-distant friendly office space in NYC’s financial district where we have established strict protocols to protect the health and safety of all employees; however, working from the office is strictly voluntary until further notice.
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.