- Champion all aspects of front end development
- Assist in establishing technical direction for front end development including introducing patterns to make development simple, fast, and maintainable
- Increasingly scale our marketplace as we aggressively increase both our investor base and equity offerings
- Work hand-in-hand with designers, PM, business stakeholders and fellow engineers to ideate, design, and implement front-end experiences that are used by tens of thousands of customers as well as our internal teams
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and introduce improvements to our stack, end-user experience, business processes, and workflows via rapid prototypes/proof-of-concepts
- Mentor team members about front-end best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of professional experience working with front-end applications in production
- Production experience working with React JSX and a state management library like Redux or mobx
- Professional experience with NodeJS build tools e.g. gulp/webpack, scaffolding utilities e.g. create_react_app, and npm and/or yarn
- Hands on experience working with GraphQL and RESTful APIs
- Experience integrating artifacts from Sketch, SVG Icon Generators and similar apps
- Experience working on a fast-paced, lean organization that is 100% accountable for its commitments
- Able to take high-level requests, break them down to digestible tasks, and own them to completion
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Passion for maintainable code, automated testing, and thorough code review
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with Apollo GraphQL client
- Entrepreneurial experience and drive
- Prior work in financial services or the FinTech sector
- First hand understanding of marketplace businesses
EquityZen offers a competitive salary, stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), individual professional development and wellness budget, flexible paid time off, and more!
We are dedicated to prioritizing all employees’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a new, socially-distant friendly office space in NYC’s financial district where we have established strict protocols to protect the health and safety of all employees; however, working from the office is strictly voluntary until further notice.
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.