Equinox Media was formed with the aim of developing transformative technologies, media, and experiences that inspire and equip consumers to pursue fitness every day, harnessing the power of Equinox Group’s preeminent brands, talent, and geographic footprint. In March 2020, we debuted Equinox Plus, a first-of-its kind fitness platform powering two products: the Equinox Plus mobile app and the SoulCycle at-home bike. Equinox Plus provides access to expert guidance from industry-leading brands across modalities—wherever you are, whenever you’re ready. The world has yet to see a more powerful fitness collective, and this is just the beginning.
Equinox Media is a subsidiary of Equinox Group—a high-growth collective of the world's most influential lifestyle brands that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences, and community. Equinox Group's ecosystem of brands also includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, PURE Yoga, and Equinox Explore.
With the explosive growth in the fitness and wellness industry it’s an exciting time for our teams at Equinox Media. We’re looking for a Head of Editorial to lead the development of editorially driven programming on our Equinox+ app and SoulCycle at-home bike. This is a new role that brings together storytelling, programming, and talent. Collaborating with nearly every part of the organization, you will drive defining the editorial direction for our video content programming to engage our members and how our content intersects with culture.
This is a role that will both react to and start conversations. The ideal candidate can tell us about their storytelling experience in fitness, wellness or high performance living, and has a portfolio of work to showcase ideation and execution.
Day To Day:
- Help ensure that Equinox+ content has best-in-class editorial by consistently delivering original ideas fused with data.
- Key input in overall company content and customer strategy
- Partner with data team to leverage insights on content and member experience and establish success metrics for editorial initiatives
- Work cross-functionally within the organization to apply an editorial lens to company initiatives
- Monitor industry trends and culture to help drive how we show up.
- Leverage and build relationships with key industry contacts including talent agents/managers, entertainment personalities and social influencers
- Potentially represent Equinox Media for press and other forward facing initiatives
More About You:
- Strong background in digital content editorial. (Video experience a plus)
- Demonstrated background engaging target audiences through editorial content.
- Passionate about fitness and wellness and able to authentically talk about it.
- Desire to start a conversation and not just react to one.
- Relentlessly curious and energized by new opportunities.
- Comfortable operating and providing clarity in fast changing environments.
- Proven cross functional collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Strong attention to detail; experience developing engaging and impactful presentations and proposals.
- Experience working with talent is a plus
Our team embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with humility, perseverance and care for one another. We strive to continuously deliver the best results and focus on how every action taken helps push our mission forward of helping our members pursue Fitness and Wellness everyday.
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of view and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.
At Equinox, and as the leaders in high-performance living, we have an unwavering commitment to protecting the health and safety of our community. All potential employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon an offer of employment unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.