It is an exciting yet critical time for our teams at Equinox Media - Equinox+ and we're looking for a Lead Software Engineer (Content tools) to add to our multifaceted development team. This is a unique role that will help our teams invent new ways of connecting people to the communities and fitness that they love through the intersection where mobile development, content, and hardware meet.
You will support and enhance the Content Tools that powers the Equinox+ clients, and have a direct impact on our end user experience. It’s built on modern technologies deployed to a scalable environment. You will actively collaborate across a diverse set of teams and backgrounds to create amazing products. Your input matters every step of the way. If you're the type of engineering lead who likes to be hands-on, and wants to join a team in a shared vision of enabling people to fulfill their fitness goals, wherever they are in their journey, then we want to hear from you.
What You Will Do:
- Lead in the development and support various microservices written in React and Node.js
- Maintaining a variety of AWS products including (Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3)
- Manage multiple teams of engineers
- Support team members and mentor other engineers through code review, knowledge sharing, and leading by example.
- Collaborate early and often with product, design, test and development teams to deliver the best possible products and solutions
- Write well tested, documented, and maintainable code for your team and future self
- Automate manual repeated tasks whenever possible
- Use modern observability tools to monitor, debug, and fix system issues
- Actively listen to and support teammates, embrace different ways of thinking
- Constantly look for new ways to learn, develop and grow
- Elevate the technology team by applying and improving best practices in coding and team processes
More About You (if you don't meet 100% of these qualifications but have the relevant experience, that's OK -- we still encourage you to apply)
- Apply software engineering best practices to create stable maintainable code
- You exhibit strong communication skills, you give realistic estimations and call out technical risks early to stakeholders
- You create a detailed technical specifications on features before coding even starts
- Experience creating, deploying, and maintaining scalable APIs
- You have a desire to learn new technologies and best practices, you avoid reinventing the wheel
- You believe in elevating your team through sharing knowledge to help your team grow
- Thrive in contributing to a diverse team environment to create high quality products
- Knowledge with Airtable
- Proficient with Postgres databases
- Headless CMS services such as Contentful
- Infrastructure as code such as CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with automated CI tools such as Travis
- Familiarity with Typescript.
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of views and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.
At Equinox, and as the leaders in high-performance living, we have an unwavering commitment to protecting the health and safety of our community. All potential employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon an offer of employment unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.