It is an exciting yet critical time for our teams at Equinox Media and we're looking for a Backend Engineering professional to join our Data Insights team. This role is an engineering position, responsible for the build and continued evolution of a cutting-edge data platform. This platform is responsible for powering data driven customer experiences and is foundational for analytics and data science.
Our ideal candidate is a partner to all and deeply passionate about continuing to learn, creatively solving problems, and building powered services. You have the opportunity to make a huge impact on a team that is open to change and adopt the latest technologies. Our team embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with humility, perseverance and care for one another. We strive to continuously deliver the best results and focus on how every action taken helps push our mission forward of helping our members pursue Fitness everyday.
What You Will Do:
- Work with multi-functional agile teams to build reliable and scalable data infrastructure, leveraging cloud and open source technologies
- Partner with other engineers to conduct code reviews to ensure code quality and help distribute knowledge
- Write clean, effective, and well-tested code that is readable and maintainable
- Deploy data services via infrastructure as code utilizing CI/CD pipelines
- Contribute to the configuration of monitoring and alerting for data infrastructure
- Share your knowledge through tech talks and other speaking arrangements
- Evaluate and conduct POC's with new technologies
More About You (if you don't meet 100% of these qualifications but have the relevant experience, that's OK -- we still encourage you to apply):
- 2+ years of experience working in technical field - Engineering, Sysops, Devops, or related
- Experience contributing to an AWS environment utilizing serverless event-driven services (ECS, RDS, SQS/SNS, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, Athena, Glue)
- Strong skills in Python, SQL, shell script and Git
- Experience ingesting data through API or data feeds
- Experience in system design and working with data structures
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working with IAC tools such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, or Troposphere
- Experience working with configuration management for a CI/CD environment (Travis Preferred)
- The ability to effectively communicate, problem solve collaboratively, and build consensus across teams
- A passion for technology, learning, and finding the best solution
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of view and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.
At Equinox, and as the leaders in high-performance living, we have an unwavering commitment to protecting the health and safety of our community. All potential employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon an offer of employment unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.