It is an exciting time at Equinox Media and we're looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer who has a strong technical background to help build a modern web and backend that powers our member acquisition and sales funnels. This is a unique role that will help our teams invent new ways of connecting people to the communities and fitness that they love. Our teams embrace a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with humility, perseverance, and care for one another. We strive to continuously deliver the best results and focus on how every action helps push our mission forward of helping our members pursue Fitness everyday. If you're the type of leader who likes to be hands-on, has experience building web and ecommerce applications that integrate with many other systems, and a track record of delivering high-quality software, then this is the right role for you.
As a Senior Engineer on the Business Systems team, you will split your time between crafting code to deliver new features and functionality and solving organizational level architecture for our commerce tech stack. Day-to-day you will collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers, marketing, operations, member experience, and outside partners.
Equinox Media was formed with the aim of developing transformative technologies, media, and experiences that inspire and equip consumers to pursue fitness every day, harnessing the power of Equinox Group’s preeminent brands, talent, and geographic footprint. In March 2020, we debuted a first-of-its kind fitness platform powering two products: the Equinox Plus mobile app and the SoulCycle at-home bike. Equinox Plus provides access to expert guidance from industry-leading brands across modalities—wherever you are, whenever you’re ready. The world has yet to see a more powerful fitness collective, and this is just the beginning.
What You Will Do:
- Work with a team of engineers to document and deliver solutions
- Write clean, well-architected, self-documenting code
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the team
- Create a culture of observability within the team, constantly keeping an eye on the performance and stability of the platform
- Work with the web team in evolving the GraphQL schema to best support new features
- Ensure optimal performance of the Core API that drives the Equinox+ app, treat performance as a feature!
- Develop and support our monolithic backend written in Node.js
- Refactor services to use microservices written in Node.js or Python
- Frontend - React / NextJS
- Backend - Developing API’s using Node.JS / Express Architecture
- Collaborate early and often with product, design, test and development teams to deliver the best possible products and solutions
- Write well tested, documented, and maintainable code for your team and future self
- Automate manual repeated tasks whenever possible
- Use modern observability tools to monitor, debug, and fix system issues
- Actively listen to and support teammates, embrace different ways of thinking
- Constantly look for new ways to learn, develop and grow
- Elevate the technology team by applying and improving best practices in coding and team processes
More About You (if you don't meet 100% of these qualifications but have the relevant experience, that's OK -- we still encourage you to apply):
- Experience with Shopify, Stripe, and Zuora APIs a plus
- You have experience building and integrating with RESTful APIs
- You have a strong understanding of git and its popular branching models
- Experience working with high profile brands is a plus
- Experience deploying and maintaining applications in AWS is a plus
- Apply software engineering best practices to create stable maintainable code
- You exhibit strong communication skills, you give realistic estimations and call out technical risks early to stakeholders
- You create a detailed technical specifications on features before coding even starts
- Experience creating, deploying, and maintaining scalable APIs
- You have a desire to learn new technologies and best practices, you avoid reinventing the wheel
- You believe in elevating your team through sharing knowledge to help your team grow
- Thrive in contributing to a diverse team environment to create high quality products
- Hands-on experience with Node.js, GraphQL, and Apollo Federation (we consider ourselves language agnostic, you just need to be willing to learn with us!)
- Follow GraphQL best practices for backwards compatible schema evolution
- Proficient with Postgres databases
- Headless CMS services such as Contentful
- Dockerization of Node.js services
- Infrastructure as code such as CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with automated CI tools such as Travis
About Our Tech Stack:
- We're using Shopify Plus, AWS, Contentful, and Stripe
- We’re using NextJS and NodeJS
- We're exploring international expansion, experiential commerce
- We love GraphQL!
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of view and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.
At Equinox, and as the leaders in high-performance living, we have an unwavering commitment to protecting the health and safety of our community. All potential employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon an offer of employment unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.