Equinox Media was formed with the aim of developing transformative technologies, media, and experiences that inspire and equip consumers to pursue fitness every day, harnessing the power of Equinox Group’s preeminent brands, talent, and geographic footprint. In March 2020, we debuted a first-of-its kind fitness platform powering two products: the Equinox Plus mobile app and the SoulCycle at-home bike. Equinox Plus provides access to expert guidance from industry-leading brands across modalities—wherever you are, whenever you’re ready. The world has yet to see a more powerful fitness collective, and this is just the beginning.
Our team embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with humility, perseverance and care for one another. We strive to continuously deliver the best results and focus on how every action taken helps push our mission forward of helping our members pursue Fitness everyday.
What we’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a product oriented Data Engineer to help us design, build and scale data products to power personalized fitness content discovery and data-driven features for our members. You will be working in a cross-functional team alongside data scientists, analysts, ML engineers, and product managers to deploy systems that make automated decisions at a massive scale that enable our member base to pursue their fitness journey across multiple platforms (app, web, TV, connected hardware, in-club). Your team has a high degree of autonomy and works on some of the most interesting problems at the intersection of fitness and machine learning. You will gain significant exposure to modern data processing and analytic tools. Our teams are highly collaborative, continually improving, and work well in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Your work and impact:
- Build and deploy of end-to-end data pipelines to power ML models, algorithms, A/B testing, and data products at scale
- Collaborate with data scientists and ML Ops engineers to refine and scale recommendation systems to power personalized content discovery
- Partner with data scientist and analysts to build tooling and dashboards to monitor model performance and trends in business metrics
- Partner with product managers and data scientists to design and develop new data-driven features across multiple platforms (app, web, TV, connected hardware)
- Think outside of the current technology/stack limitations to push the boundaries on what is possible and deliver feasible solutions collaboratively
- Help lead and scale the ML Engineering platform team in a fast paced, high-growth startup
More About You (if you don't meet 100% of these qualifications but have the relevant experience, that's OK -- we still encourage you to apply if you are interested in learning):
- Expertise in building serverless and containerized deployments (AWS preferred)
- Excellent proficiency in Python, shell scripting, git
- Ability to perform analysis and write complex transformations in SQL
- You have a history of building scalable batch and real-time data pipelines, leveraging messaging technologies
- Knowledge of relational databases, big data concepts and distributed computing frameworks (e.g., Snowflake, Spark, Presto, Databricks)
- Experienced with CI/CD tools and infrastructure as code frameworks (e.g., CloudFormation, Terraform, etc)
- Experience with job orchestration tools (e.g., Prefect, Airflow)
- Interest in data science and machine learning techniques and tools
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills to work with PMs to translate business goals into tractable data solutions
- Bonus: Experience building recommendation systems
- Bonus: An interest in the fitness industry and biometric data
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of view and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.
At Equinox, and as the leaders in high-performance living, we have an unwavering commitment to protecting the health and safety of our community. All potential employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon an offer of employment unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.