It is an exciting yet critical time for our teams at Equinox Media and we're looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to add to our multifaceted development team. This is a unique role that will help our teams invent new ways of connecting people to the communities and fitness that they love through the intersection where mobile development, content, and hardware meet.
You will support and enhance the Core API that powers the Equinox+ app, and have a direct impact on our end user experience. It’s built on modern technologies deployed to a scalable environment. You will actively collaborate across a diverse set of teams and backgrounds to create amazing products. Your input matters every step of the way. If you're the type of engineer who likes to be hands-on, wants to join a team in a shared vision in enabling people to fulfill their fitness goals, wherever they are in their journey, then we want to hear from you.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the mobile app team in evolving our APIs to best support new features
- Ensure optimal performance of the Core API that drives the Equinox+ app, treat performance as a feature!
- Develop and support various microservices written in Node.js
- Write well tested, documented, and maintainable code for your team and future self
- Actively listen to and support teammates, embrace different ways of thinking
- Constantly look for new ways to learn, develop and grow
More About You (if you don't meet 100% of these qualifications but have the relevant experience, that's OK -- we still encourage you to apply)
- Apply software engineering best practices to create stable maintainable code
- Experience creating, deploying, and maintaining scalable APIs
- You have a desire to learn new technologies and best practices, you avoid reinventing the wheel
- You believe in elevating and collaborating with the team through sharing knowledge
- Thrive in contributing to a diverse team environment to create high quality products
- Proficient with Relational databases
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of views and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.
At Equinox, and as the leaders in high-performance living, we have an unwavering commitment to protecting the health and safety of our community. All potential employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon an offer of employment unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.