Equinox Media was formed with the aim of developing transformative technologies, media, and experiences that inspire and equip consumers to pursue fitness every day, harnessing the power of Equinox Group’s preeminent brands, talent, and geographic footprint. In March 2020, we debuted a first-of-its kind fitness platform powering two products: the Equinox Plus mobile app and the SoulCycle at-home bike. Equinox Plus provides access to expert guidance from industry-leading brands across modalities—wherever you are, whenever you’re ready. The world has yet to see a more powerful fitness collective, and this is just the beginning.
We’re looking for an Account Manager to join Equinox Media! The ideal candidate thrives in an ambiguous environment where they must develop, implement, and iterate on business strategies to deliver growth and positive experiences for partners/clients. As a member of the Partnerships Team, this person has relentlessly high standards and operates as a business owner who understands key levers to achieve results across teams. They have a deep appreciation for maintaining high-levels of efficiency & a passion for bringing structure to complex situations or projects. This individual performs at his/her best when they’re building, developing and nurturing relationships and informing how we grow our partnerships strategy & portfolio.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing, managing and delivering against our contractual partnership agreements. You’ll manage a diverse portfolio of clients targeting areas of opportunity to develop & grow each individual partnership while also collaborating effectively across teams to ensure goals and objectives are being achieved.
Growth Strategy & Business Development
- Owns the development of annual joint business plans (SLAs, revenue targets, cost agreements) with our partners and the ongoing performance management of strategic initiatives
- Act as a thought partner to the Marketing Leadership Team to provide insight and input around trends & opportunities as it relates to our partnership strategy that would deepen existing relationships and/or inform our pipeline
- Act as an advocate for the client, managing up and across functional departments; provides guidance on business planning and operational support to ensure both client and business are operating in the most strategically effective and cost-efficient manner.
- Establish & maintain account management best practices for growth development, strategy alignment, and client oversight as it relates to how we create and manage content, marketing requests/approvals and technical product requirements while adhering to internal processes & business prioritization efforts.
- Develop fruitful, long-term, and trusted advisor relationships with clients at all levels of management.
Process Excellence & Performance Management
- Manage expectations around non-routine, complex marketing and product requests, by sharing key insights and maintaining clear guidelines for partner communication and resolution
- Establish clear guidelines and ownership around tracking business performance; consistently communicate situational status of relationship to effectively manage client expectations
- Schedule, lead and recap regular calls with all assigned accounts to ensure each partner program is moving forward, budgets are on track, expectations are clear and deadlines are being met.
- Effectively communicates & project manages all aspects of the partner program to ensure teams are aligned internally and appropriately resourced to support our strategy.
- Leverage internal data to monitor & track overall performance of partnerships to effectively drive higher ROI for the business while also contributing to our broader growth strategy.
- Analyze partnership performance data to offer clients data-driven business insights and at the same time, use those insights to upsell and or improve our current agreements
- Collaborate with BI / Legal & Finance to maintain & resolve contractual obligations, establish our performance metrics, & address all invoicing queries.
- Monitor and incorporate feedback from the client and/or the internal team for continuous workflow improvement
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 6-8+ years of experience in business strategy, consulting, sales agency, account management or customer / client related field
- Ability to manage multiple projects and relentlessly prioritize efforts to meet ambitious deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and all levels of management (internally and externally)
- Comfortable with contract management and strong negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
- Process oriented with keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong spreadsheet, slide development & presentations skills, with preferred experience analyzing datasets and delivering actionable insights
- Indexes high on empathy and collaboration
- Organized, proactive and able to anticipate needs while also being highly responsive
- Experience operating with senior executives in partner organizations
- Some understanding business modeling and interest in behavioral economics
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of view and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.