Equinox Media was formed with the aim of developing transformative technologies, media, and experiences that inspire and equip consumers to pursue fitness every day, harnessing the power of Equinox Group’s preeminent brands, talent, and geographic footprint. In March 2020, we debuted a first-of-its kind fitness platform powering two products: the Equinox Plus mobile app and the SoulCycle at-home bike. Equinox Plus provides access to expert guidance from industry-leading brands across modalities—wherever you are, whenever you’re ready. The world has yet to see a more powerful fitness collective, and this is just the beginning.
Equinox Media is building a centralized Business Intelligence team of analysts responsible for delivering insights, recommendations and supporting day-to-day analytics needs and decision support to cross-functional stakeholders. We are looking for a talented individual to support our Business Intelligence function, leveraging data and advanced analytics techniques to solve and support complex business problems. You will report to the Director of Business Intelligence and work closely with cross-functional leaders and managers to develop data-informed strategies to measure, understand and optimize the user experience.
WHAT THE JOB ENTAILS
- Deliver insights and recommendations to help leadership and cross-functional stakeholders better understand business performance, customer behavior and support strategic and tactical decisions to improve outcomes.
- Leverage diagnostic and statistical analytics techniques to answer business questions.
- Deliver and automate daily, weekly, and monthly reporting; design and build visually engaging and informative dashboards.
- Present analyses and findings to stakeholders; ‘telling the story’ and identifying drivers and opportunities of business performance.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to define key performance indicators, set targets, measure and monitor performance, and provide insights and analyses.
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time issues.
- Actively participate in implementation and measurement of recommendations to monitor performance and impact.
- Partner with the Data Engineering team to define the business intelligence roadmap and build data and analytics capabilities to support ongoing business needs.
- Define and document measurement requirements for analytics projects, identifying project deliverables and milestones required to support stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders to define strategic and tactical roadmaps while supporting data and analytics needs.
YOUR MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, analytics, math, statistics or related field.
- 2+ years experience in a business intelligence or analytics role preferred; investment banking and/or management consulting experience also considered
- Experience creating and automating reports and dashboards and working with enterprise data visualization tools (Domo, Looker, Tableau) strongly preferred
- Experience working with SQL and other programming languages (R, Python) a plus
- Competency in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Collaborative and exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills. Entrepreneurial and results-oriented. Strong work ethic. Does what it takes to get the job done and naturally goes the extra mile
Equinox Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate unique points of views & experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability & ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives