Equinox Media was formed with the aim of developing transformative technologies, media, and experiences that inspire and equip consumers to pursue fitness every day, harnessing the power of Equinox Group’s preeminent brands, talent, and geographic footprint. In March 2020, we debuted a first-of-its kind fitness platform powering two products: the Equinox Plus mobile app and the SoulCycle at-home bike. Equinox Plus provides access to expert guidance from industry-leading brands across modalities—wherever you are, whenever you’re ready. The world has yet to see a more powerful fitness collective, and this is just the beginning.
Hello. We’re looking for a strong visual storyteller, Designer and self-proclaimed expert in all things Motion and Design to join our growing brand & creative marketing team.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about always-on, all-round access to a healthier mind and body, to join our collective at Equinox Media. We provide the platform and power to pursue a healthier lifestyle through Equinox+ (our live and on-demand app experience) and the SoulCycle At-Home Bike.
Like our diverse offering, we aim to inject a sense of movement and motion into everything we do. This role would be ideally suited to someone who is both a designer and motion-expert with a deep understanding of the latest design and motion trends and a pulse on culture.
Our team embraces an entrepreneurial spirit; operating with a sense of pride, perseverance and care for one another. We strive to continually deliver high human, high octane experiences, in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
You will be working closely with a team of designers and copywriters across a multitude of projects and report to the team’s Sr. Creative Director, as part of the Equinox Media Brand and Creative team.
What you'll do:
- Conceptualize and lead motion design projects across brand and integrated marketing campaigns, mobile products, paid and owned channels, from infographics to GIFs.
- This role requires strong motion-based vision, effective communication skills, and a collaborative can-do attitude.
- Comfortable injecting life into static assets, as well as creating motion projects from scratch, be that 2D stop-frame animation, motion around filmic content or UI-based interactions.
- Video editing capabilities would be most beneficial.
- Establish guiding motion design principles, brand guidelines, motion design toolkits and systematic design templates to ensure a holistic design approach.
- Develop moodboards, storyboards, and animatics to bring concepts to life.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, to determine where motion can transcend individual executions and play a role across the design ecosystem from marketing to product and content across Web, App and marketing media.
- Work closely with our in-house brand strategists, art directors & copywriters and creative operations to ensure projects are delivered efficiently and on-time.
- Take full ownership of your work and responsibility for every pixel, every step of the way. With a keen eye for detail.
- Produce multiple concepts, knowing when to apply attention to detail, and when to make quick decisions to stay on track.
- Give and solicit feedback from other teams, designers, and leadership in order to continually raise the bar for quality.
- Ability to think long and short-term to meet the constraints of a continuously growing company.
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colors, animation, for graphic design.
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of graphic files.
- Mentor and inspire other team members to grow their motion skills from briefs, to brainstorms, concepting through to execution.
Who you are:
- Minimum 5+ years of proven motion design experience, working within a design studio, advertising agency, production company, in-house creative team across a broad brand/marketing portfolio.
- Have a standout showreel demonstrating a wide range of motion design techniques, styles and aesthetics that set the industry standard.
- Experienced in producing high-quality original motion graphics, animations, storyboards, & style frames within web, app and social media.
- A passion for editorially-based motion design and communication as well as an interest and past experience working with music, culture, fashion and fitness brands.
- Superb working knowledge of all top motion and video editing programs including AfterEffects w/ Lotti Plug-ins, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Cinema 4D, Final Cut Pro or similar. Working knowledge of Figma - a bonus.
- An excellent communicator and can clearly articulate your creative and design decisions from brief, to concept and execution and confident working independently from a group.
- Great design prowess, typographic understanding and layout skills are essential.
- Comfortable collaborating and sharing your ideas and development work, while working remotely with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well in a friendly, fast-paced, team environment – knowing when to maximize the level of motion work required within a project timeline.
- Articulate and educate the motion design process to other designers, partners, and stakeholders for maximum visibility.
- While we continue to work remotely at least through to September, the expectation is that you will join us in our NYC office, once it is safe to do so.
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of views and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people’s lives.