It is an exciting yet critical time at Equinox Media and we're looking for an eCommerce Product Engineer who has a strong technical background to help build a commerce and web platform that powers our member acquisition and sales funnels. This is a unique role that will help our teams invent new ways of connecting people to the communities and fitness that they love. Our teams embrace a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with humility, perseverance, and care for one another. We strive to continuously deliver the best results and focus on how every action helps push our mission forward of helping our members pursue Fitness everyday. If you're the type of leader who likes to be hands-on, has experience building web and ecommerce applications that integrate with many other systems, and a track record of delivering high-quality software, then this is the right role for you.
As an Engineer on the Business Systems team, you will split your time between crafting code to deliver new features and functionality and solving organizational level architecture for our commerce tech stack. Day-to-day you will collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers, marketing, operations, member experience, and outside partners.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the day to day operations related to Shopify Plus and Logistics Systems
- Work directly with Retail, Operations and Logistics business partners to build new solutions
- Actively participate in all major technical discussions related to Shopify Plus and Logistics systems
- Work with a team of engineers to document and deliver solutions
- Write clean, well-architected, self-documenting code
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the team
- Create a culture of observability within the team, constantly keeping an eye on the performance and stability of the platform
More About You (if you don't meet 100% of these qualifications but have the relevant experience, that's OK -- we still encourage you to apply):
- 3 or more years of experience within the Shopify Plus Platform or equivalent eCommerce platform
- Strong understanding of Fulfillment and Logistics Industry including 3PL and Last Mile Logistics
- Product experience translating business needs to documented technical solutions
- Ability to work directly with Retail and Logistics business partners to build solutions
- Expert in Shopify Liquid template language
- Expert in Shopify APIs, theme development and best practices
- Knowledge of the Shopify App ecosystem and app development
- Operational mindset to tackle daily problems and issue management
- You have experience building and integrating with RESTful APIs
- You have a strong understanding of git and its popular branching models
- Experience working with high profile brands is a plus
- Experience deploying and maintaining applications in AWS is a plus
- Experience working with other platforms (BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Drupal) a plus
About Our Tech Stack:
- We're using Shopify Plus, AWS, Contentful, and Stripe
- We’re using Storefront API and NodeJS
- We're exploring international eCommerce, dropshipping, and experiential commerce
- We use GraphQL!
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of view and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.