Equinox Media was formed with the aim of developing transformative technologies, media, and experiences that inspire and equip consumers to pursue fitness every day, harnessing the power of Equinox Group’s preeminent brands, talent, and geographic footprint. In March 2020, Equinox Media debuted Equinox+, a first-of-its kind fitness platform powering two products: the Equinox+ mobile app and the SoulCycle at-home bike. Equinox+ provides access to expert guidance from industry-leading brands across modalities—wherever you are, whenever you’re ready. The world has yet to see a more powerful fitness collective, and this is just the beginning.
Equinox Media is a subsidiary of Equinox Group—a high-growth collective of the world's most influential lifestyle brands that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences, and community. Equinox Group's ecosystem of brands also includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, PURE Yoga, and Equinox Explore.
The role requires a player and coach, team-oriented mentality that works closely to manage and ship high quality data products on time and on budget to our internal teams. We are seeking a teammate with 3 to 5 years of experience leading data teams from discovery and design to technical development and implementation. There will be significant exposure to modern data processing and analytic tools. Our teams are highly collaborative, continually improving, and work well in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Your Work and Impact:
- Coach and bring maturity to a Data Engineering team, including hiring, career growth, operations and roadmap. Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring data engineers.
- Help drive the evolution of our data roadmap and its prioritization in: Data platform engineering/ETL development, data warehouse engineering, and business intelligence
- Partner with other teams to deliver source-of-truth data products that are developed to meet analytics and activation needs
- Rationalize and reduce support via infrastructure as code, CI/CD pipelines
- Contribute to the configuration and escalation process for monitoring and alerting
- Enforce release requirements to maintain standards around code reviews, security scanning, and test coverage
- Communicate with partners and manage expectations on data product delivery including risks and dependencies
- Help drive us forward as a data-driven organization
- Influence a culture of diversity & inclusion and create an environment of experimentation, learning, empathy and belonging
- Oversee the design, build, and operation of reliable and scalable data infrastructure, leveraging cloud and open source technologies
- Provide architectural support and assure documentation of standards, best practices, and operating procedures including code reviews, test coverage
- Evaluate and conduct POC's with new technologies
More About You (if you don't meet 100% of these qualifications but have the relevant experience, that's OK -- we still encourage you to apply):
- 4+ years of experience working in technical field - Engineering, Sysops, Devops, or related
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a Data engineer
- 2+ years hands on experience managing an AWS environment utilizing serverless event-driven services (EC2, ECS, RDS, SQS/SNS, S3, Lambda, API Gateway)
- Strong skills in Python, SQL, shell script and Git
- Experience building and managing a team of engineers
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working with IAC tools such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, or Troposphere
- Experience working with configuration management for a CI/CD environment (Travis Preferred)
- The ability to effectively communicate, problem solve collaboratively, and build consensus across teams
- A passion for technology, learning, and finding the best solution
- Fearless! You are not afraid to question existing processes and provide ideas for improvement
- Provide creative, out of the box solutions to solving challenging problems
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves, hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of view and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.