Equinox Media was formed with the aim of developing transformative technologies, media, and experiences that inspire and equip consumers to pursue fitness every day, harnessing the power of Equinox Group’s preeminent brands, talent, and geographic footprint. In March 2020, Equinox Media debuted Variis, a first-of-its kind fitness platform powering two products: the Variis mobile app and the SoulCycle at-home bike. Variis provides access to expert guidance from industry-leading brands across modalities—wherever you are, whenever you’re ready. The world has yet to see a more powerful fitness collective, and this is just the beginning.
Equinox Media is a subsidiary of Equinox Group—a high-growth collective of the world's most influential lifestyle brands that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences, and community. Equinox Group's ecosystem of brands also includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, PURE Yoga, and Equinox Explore.
This is an opportunity to lead the strategic direction for a major business at Equinox Media, the first digital + physical fitness membership featuring preeminent fitness content across modalities (cycling: SoulCycle; run: Precision Run; strength: Equinox, sculpt: [solidcore], etc.). You will join a quickly growing New York-based team that is executing advanced work at the intersection of web / mobile / offline. This role is critical to the long-term success of our business and requires an ownership minded leader skilled at understanding markets, building hard good products, leading teams and driving member acquisition and revenue growth. The GM of Marketplace will own the strategy, cross functional execution and financial performance of our hardware (bike) and retail product.
- Be responsible for the Financial Performance
- Owns the P&L plan and performance
- Works with functional leads to implement strategies to drive revenue growth and profitability
- Business leadership for driving forward business efforts
- Establish Division OKRs
- Drives OKR delivery across functions
- Work with BI and functional teams to lead insight in to OKR improvement opportunities
- Cross-functional Execution
- Work with business planning to drive cross-functional alignment through great communication and collaboration
- Work with COO to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness across the business
- Help manage cross-functional dependencies and risks
- New Business strategy development
- Lead the strategy and planning 1-3 years out to deliver blueprint goals
- Work with research team to understand market context and commercial opportunities to differentiate
- Financial modeling for evaluating new business opportunities
- Identify and define strategic business requirements for product / content / marketing to bring to life
- Deep operational experience (8+ years) spanning a combination of functions including:strategy, product development, marketing, product/project management
- 3-5 years owning a product P&L
- 3-5 years developing and selling products D2C. Hardgood experience preferred
- Strong engaging people leadership style
- Comfortable leading through others
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong communicator
- Collaborative, humble
Equinox Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate unique points of views & experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability & ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.