Equinox Media was formed with the aim of developing transformative technologies, media, and experiences that inspire and equip consumers to pursue fitness every day, harnessing the power of Equinox Group’s preeminent brands, talent, and geographic footprint. In March 2020, Equinox Media debuted Variis, a first-of-its kind fitness platform powering two products: the Variis mobile app and the SoulCycle at-home bike. Variis provides access to expert guidance from industry-leading brands across modalities—wherever you are, whenever you’re ready. The world has yet to see a more powerful fitness collective, and this is just the beginning.
Equinox Media is a subsidiary of Equinox Group—a high-growth collective of the world's most influential lifestyle brands that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences, and community. Equinox Group's ecosystem of brands also includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, PURE Yoga, and Equinox Explore.
Do you have a talent and a passion for testing? The Software Tester will conduct tests, analyze the results, and report observations to the design team. To be successful as a Software Tester, you should have a working knowledge of software and test design, the capability to run through tests, and the ability to analyze the results. Ultimately, the Software Tester should be result-driven, and have good communication skills. As a lead, you should have a passion for helping others grow their skills and providing guidance to a team.
What You Will Do:
- Advocate for quality and testing
- Evaluate, explore and model the product and features.
- Proactively learn and apply test design principles.
- Generate test ideas and heuristics.
- Write clear and concise bug reports.
- Communicate your findings from testing in a meaningful way and productive way.
- Mentor developers and other testers on good testing practices and techniques.
- Participate in design meetings with Business Analysts, UX designers, Support and Developers and share perspectives on ensuring testability.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input on requirements, product design, and potential problems.
- Produce and maintain product coverage reports for test coverage.
- Participate in the constant improvement of our testing practices.
- Lead and guide critical initiatives that often require complex technical and domain knowledge.
- Assist with troubleshooting escalations and critical issues; take ownership until the issue is resolved.
- Able to set short to medium-term strategic direction for testing, able to look ahead 6-12 months and identify the areas of greatest need and create plans to improve them.
More About You:
- A logical and critical thinker. You can quickly get up to speed and understand complex domain knowledge.
- Experienced communicator who can work with cross-functional teams to create and execute plans.
- Passionate about process and structure. You can prioritize what is most important and create repeatable processes to improve common workflows.
- Focused on the problem. You can go heads down to understand the root cause of a bug.
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment.You have experience balancing multiple projects and priorities.
- Passionate about testing. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges.
- Engaging beyond tests. You understand that empathizing with our customers, building relationships with your co-workers, and going deep on the product makes you a better teammate and a better engineer.
- Working knowledge of testing techniques/methodologies and how to apply them (white box, equivalence class partitioning, pairwise, state transition, boundary value, decision table)
- Commitment to ongoing professional development through self-learning, professional training, participation in open source projects, attending conferences etc.
- Ability to understand and execute Context Driven, Risk Based, and Session Based testing.
- 5 or more years’ experience as a software tester.
- 3 or more years’ experience testing mobile applications
Our Tools & Technologies:
- Git, JIRA, TestRail
- Android, iOS
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of view and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.