Equinox Media was formed with the aim of developing transformative technologies, media, and experiences that inspire and equip consumers to pursue fitness every day, harnessing the power of Equinox Group’s preeminent brands, talent, and geographic footprint. In March 2020, Equinox Media debuted Variis, a first-of-its kind fitness platform powering two products: the Variis mobile app and the SoulCycle at-home bike. Variis provides access to expert guidance from industry-leading brands across modalities—wherever you are, whenever you’re ready. The world has yet to see a more powerful fitness collective, and this is just the beginning.
Equinox Media is a subsidiary of Equinox Group—a high-growth collective of the world's most influential lifestyle brands that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences, and community. Equinox Group's ecosystem of brands also includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, PURE Yoga, and Equinox Explore.
Do you have a talent for coding and a passion for testing? A SDET is a test professional with advanced programming skills who can create automation testing tools and frameworks to assist the testing process. To be successful as an SDET, you should have excellent time management and organizational skills as well as strong communication skills. You should have a passion for designing, development, and testing and the ability to upgrade your technical skills within the constantly changing technology sector. As a lead, you should have a passion for helping others grow their skills and providing guidance to a team.
What You Will Do:
- Advocate for quality and testing
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks and tools on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
- Communicate findings from automation in a meaningful way and productive way.
- Mentor developers and other testers on good programming and automation practices and techniques.
- Participate in design meetings with Business Analysts, UX designers, Support and Developers and share perspectives on ensuring testability and automation.
- Provide technical guidance when needed to other members of Quality, Testing, Software Engineering, Product Management, and Product Support
- Participate in the constant improvement of our automation and Continuous Integration practices
- Drive the creation/adoption of automation tools and frameworks to assist the testing process.
- Lead and guide critical initiatives that often require complex technical and domain knowledge.
- Assist with troubleshooting escalations and critical issues; take ownership until the issue is resolved.
- Able to set short to medium-term strategic test automation direction, able to look ahead 6-12 months and identify the areas of greatest need and create plans to improve them
More About You:
- A logical and critical thinker. You can quickly get up to speed and understand complex domain knowledge.
- Experienced communicator who can work with cross-functional teams to create and execute plans.
- Passionate about process and structure. You can prioritize what is most important and create repeatable processes to improve common workflows.
- Focused on the problem. You can go heads down to understand the root cause of a bug.
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment.You have experience balancing multiple projects and priorities.
- Passionate about testing and coding. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges.
- Engaging beyond tests. You understand that empathizing with our customers, building relationships with your co-workers, and going deep on the product makes you a better teammate and a better engineer.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development through self-learning, professional training, participation in open source projects, attending conferences etc.
- Ability to investigate and diagnose complex issues.
- Experience developing your own testing tools to facilitate testing is an asset
- 5 or more years’ experience as a software developer or SDET
Our Tools & Technologies:
- Git, JIRA, TestRail
- Android, iOS
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of view and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.