Equinox Media was formed with the aim of developing transformative technologies, media, and experiences that inspire and equip consumers to pursue fitness every day, harnessing the power of Equinox Group’s preeminent brands, talent, and geographic footprint. In March 2020, Equinox Media debuted Variis, a first-of-its kind fitness platform powering two products: the Variis mobile app and the SoulCycle at-home bike. Variis provides access to expert guidance from industry-leading brands across modalities—wherever you are, whenever you’re ready. The world has yet to see a more powerful fitness collective, and this is just the beginning.
Equinox Media is a subsidiary of Equinox Group—a high-growth collective of the world's most influential lifestyle brands that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences, and community. Equinox Group's ecosystem of brands also includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, PURE Yoga, and Equinox Explore.
We are looking for a highly motivated Project Manager / Scrum Master to support our growing product and engineering organization. Preferred candidates will be collaborative, continually improving, and work well in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
The role requires a team-oriented self-starter that works closely in cross-functional teams to manage and ship high quality product on time and on budget. We are seeking candidates with 3-5 years of experience managing interactive projects from discovery and design to technical development and implementation.
What the work looks like
- Provide hands-on coaching of multiple project teams in all aspects of scrum (facilitating daily stand-up meetings, backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospective meetings, self-organization, collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, calculating velocity, limiting work in progress, etc.)
- Ability to understand and document project requirements and dependencies
- Experience with stakeholder and business leadership communications, readily providing updates on project status and next steps
- Remove impediments that would prevent the team from achieving its sprint and release goals (internal and external to the team)
- Work effectively with product management and engineering team members to clarify needs and plan delivery of major product changes, future versions, and new products
- Work with product and business owners to support and execute key change management activities such as: communications, stakeholder management, change impact assessments and training for operations or business end users
- Proactively manage risks and dependencies, ensuring that they are identified, managed, mitigated or escalated as necessary
- Effectively maintain and manage project management tools and processes, including documentation and artifacts
- Create an environment that empowers and energizes team members, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, and collaboration
- Experience with content production and creative development is an asset
Who you are:
- Servant-leader mentality
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS), or similar equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of experience in an Agile environment; preferably in Scrum and Kanban
- One or more years as a scrum master, project manager, developer, tester, or business analyst with at least an understanding of technical concepts
- Hands-on experience working in Jira and Confluence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to give clear direction to the team(s) while delivering comprehensive status to senior business leadership as needed
- Provide creative, out of the box solutions to solving challenging problems
- Must have situational awareness and intuition with an understanding of when to listen and when to be assertive
- Fearless! You are not afraid to question existing processes and provide ideas for improvement
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of view and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.