It is an exciting yet critical time for our teams at Equinox Media and we're looking for a Senior Visual Designer to quickly dive into a project that will help our communities connect to the fitness content that they love. If you're someone who is passionate about your craft for design based on insights from real people, and can turn those insights into beautiful visually designed products, then this is the right role for you. Our team embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with a sense of pride, perseverance and care for one another. We strive to continually deliver the best results and focus on how every action taken helps push our mission forward.
As a Senior Visual Designer you will have an eye for aesthetics, dream to please our members digitally and are not afraid of breaking the rules.
What you'll do:
- Conceptualize and lead design projects across the entire mobile and device product lifecycle. You will craft and build visual and product design and collaborate with others to iterate towards that vision through product launches
- Work with cross-functional teams. You'll partner closely with engineering, marketing, and product to lead elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- Inspire what's possible by quickly producing multiple concepts, knowing when to apply attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Actively participate in design critiques to give and receive feedback from other designers to make your work stronger
- Be involved from all aspects of visual design from ideation to development
- Contribute to the organization and development of our brand and UI design system.
- Ability to work within a brand design system and consistently apply our brand design principles to everything from brand experiences and product platforms.
- Take direction from our lead Design Directors/Associate Design Directors but also be able to lead work streams from a design perspective.
Who you are:
- You have at least 6-8 years of experience designing at member-focused tech or media companies.
- You're an excellent communicator and can clearly articulate your design decisions
- You have a user-focused design mentality and are constantly looking to sharpen your instincts through user feedback and data insight
- You have experience in building and shipping great design aesthetic alongside a partnership with developers.
- You have a portfolio featuring examples of digital product design work as well as brand experiences
- Pro in Sketch App, Principle, Keynote, Invision, Zeplin, After Effects
- Ability to design a UI that extends a brands visual identity as well as connects the brand story across platforms
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of views and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.