It is an exciting yet critical time for our teams at Equinox Media and we're looking for a UX Designer to jump into a project where we connect people to the communities and fitness that they love. If you're someone who is passionate about developing strategies based on insights from real people and can turn those insights into beautifully designed prototypes and products, both interactions and visuals, then this is the right role for you. Our team embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with a sense of pride, perseverance and care for one another. We strive to continuously deliver the best results and focus on how every action taken helps push our mission forward.
As a UX Designer you will have an eye for aesthetics, dream to please the customer digitally and are not afraid of breaking the rules. You will work within a team of Product Designers from UX to Visual to partner in critical mobile app launches.
What you'll do:
- Work with cross-functional teams. You'll partner closely with engineering and product to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- Inspire what's possible by quickly producing multiple concepts, knowing when to apply attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Actively participate in design critiques to give and receive feedback from other designers to make your work stronger
- Be involved from all aspects of product design from ideation to development
- Build intuitive user flows and experiences that are simple and elegant
- Incorporate user research and use usability testing to inform your concepts
- Prototype rough concepts as well as detailed designs for concept validation, usability testing and partner presentations
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
Who you are:
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies, mostly for mobile experiences
- You're an excellent communicator and can clearly articulate your design decisions
- You have a user- and data-focused design mentality and are constantly looking to sharpen your instincts through user feedback and data insight
- You have the ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- You have experience in building and shipping applications or software
- You have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Pro in Figma, Principle, Keynote, Confluence, Jira, invision, Zeplin.
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of views and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.