It is an exciting yet critical time for our teams at Equinox Media and we're looking for an Android Engineer who will help develop the SoulCycle at-home bike application. This is a unique role that will help our teams invent new ways of connecting people to the communities and fitness that they love through the intersection where mobile development, content, and hardware meet. Our team embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with humility, perseverance and care for one another. We strive to continuously deliver the best results and focus on how every action taken helps push our mission forward of helping our members pursue Fitness everyday. If you're the type of leader who likes to be hands-on, wants to own the development of the software application and play a significant role in evolving the hardware along with other partners, then this is the right role for you.
Our app is a native Android application written in Kotlin that utilizes MVVM with Clean Architecture. We are looking for an Engineer who has strong problem solving skills, natural curiosity to experiment, a collaborator, eager to learn, and a commitment to building an engineering culture with our team!
What You Will Do:
- Build the SoulCycle at-home bike for Variis
- Write clean, performant code
- Collaborate, knowledge share, and communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the team
- Create a culture of observability within the team
- Work closely with UX designers, Product Managers, and Engineering Leadership to craft unique mobile experiences
More About You (if you don't meet 100% of these qualifications but have the relevant experience, that's OK -- we still encourage you to apply):
- 3+ or more years of software development experience
- You have knowledge of Android design and development patterns
- You have experience with the Android SDK and Kotlin
- You have experience working with RESTful APIs in an agile environment
- You have a strong understanding of git and its popular branching models
- You have an understanding of testing and CI/CD practices
- You have experience working in an agile environment
- You are passionate about technology, learning, and finding the best solution in a collaborative environment
- Curious about integrating software and hardware
- Experimented with Bluetooth and Ant+
- Knowledge of OTA software updates
- Involved in the open source community and familiar with custom Android forks
- Excited by GraphQL!
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of views and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.