It is an exciting yet critical time for our teams at Equinox Media and we're looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our Test Engineering Team and work with existing members of the team to build a foundation for Functional, Performance and Automation Testing of our iOS, Android and web based products.
This is a unique role that will help our teams invent new ways of connecting people to the communities and fitness that they love through the intersection where mobile development, content, and hardware meet. Our team embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with humility, perseverance and care for one another. We strive to continuously deliver the best results and focus on how every action taken helps push our mission forward of helping our members pursue Fitness everyday. If you're the type of leader who likes to be hands-on, wants to own the development of the software application and play a significant role in evolving the hardware along with other partners, then this is the right role for you.
What You Will Do:
- Lead our efforts to implement and optimize test strategy, test planning, test automation and execution for Front End as well as Back End solutions from ground up
- Create overall design and identifying adequate automation tools to build a robust Testing Framework for increasingly complex, new and innovative products
- Own the task of automating regression, smoke and sanity suites to run in test and production environments
- Analyze and presenting test results to stakeholders on a timely manner
- Work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to ensure proper test coverage is provided for features and fixes before releasing them to end users.
- Beinvolved in all the stages of SDLC- starting from sprint planning to release sign off and post production tasks such as continuous support and maintenance
- A strong mentor and coach for your teammates
- Actively taking part in code review, debugging and code deployment
More About You (if you don't meet 100% of these qualifications but have the relevant experience, that's OK -- we still encourage you to apply):
- 5 to 7+ years of experience as QA or SDET leading testing effort in a fast paced agile environment
- Ability to architect & build testing framework from scratch
- Ability to analyze and synthesize requirements to create and prioritize test cases and plan test automation scope
- Good understanding of OOP concepts and object oriented programming languages (Python preferred).
- Excellent grasp on Page object Model & Design Patterns
- Extensive hands on experience with implementing end-to-end automation testing of web and mobile apps using tools like Selenium, Detox or Appium
- Confident with Rest API / Graph QL Automation
- Capabilities of enhancing overall product efficiency by implementing in-sprint automation and CI/CD
- Proficient in Git, Bitbucket or other version control tools
- Ability to work well with multi-location engineering teams and shape and optimize the company's QA processes
- Strong communication skills to work effectively in a cross functional team environment
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of view and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.