Equinox Group is a high-growth collective of the world’s most influential lifestyle brands, that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences and community. Its mission is to restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In 2019, Equinox unveiled its new on-demand fitness streaming platform, Equinox Media.
Equinox Media’s vision is to inspire and equip you to pursue fitness every day—a vision which we are tackling through the development of transformative technologies, media, and experiences that harness the power of Equinox Group’s preeminent brands, talent, and geographic footprint, and seamlessly blend physical and digital. In Spring 2020 Equinox Media debuted its first brand, Variis, and introduced two products: the Variis app and the SoulCycle at-home bike.
Equinox Media’s marketing team is seeking creative and strategic Social Media and Content Manager to join our growing team! As the Social Media and Content Manager for Variis, you will be responsible for building and engaging new audiences across our organic social channels. This role is highly collaborative and will work across the organization and partner organizations to help build our brand fans. If you are a self starter who is invigorated by the prospect of building a community from the ground up and working with the best brands in fitness, we’d love to hear from you!
- Develop overall organic social media strategy, audience growth plan, content calendar, and measurement/KPI framework with a focus on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, and blogs
- Manage day-to-day activity across these platforms, from concept to execution
- Collaborate across functional areas - especially with Brand Marketing, Creative, Member Experience - to ensure osmosis of insights and consideration of other teams' needs and goals
- Implement on-the-fly content capture and copy writing processes, across multiple channels
- Lead community management for a brand's social channels, and have the ability to own the brand's voice and drive conversation with followers
- Identify, evaluate, brief, and manage individual creative, brand, publisher, and media partners for specific social content initiatives
- Use first-, second-, and third-party data to surface and prioritize social content needs and grow our audience
- Partner with our brand partners to integrate into their content calendars across web and social
- Identify unique and interesting opportunities for storytelling and how to capture it for thumb-stopping content, while on brand for Variis
- 5+ years in digital marketing and/or social media related position at an ecommerce, media, or related company, specifically handling of a brand's handle across social and digital platforms.
- A true passion for social media, bringing your own approach with a distinct voice and POV. Expected to have mastery of the native features and functions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, plus self-starter, problem solver mentality.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (specifically consumer facing copy for digital channels).
- Direct experience in the following media types: Instagram, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tik Tok
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs (what's trending, social-first concepts) and work with strategy team to pull insights from social behaviors and data.
- Experience managing social media analytics, tracking and publishing/analytic tools (e.g. Hootsuite, Sprout, Curalate, SocialFlow, Iconosquare, DashHudson)
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and help build a business from the ground up, with a hands-on approach who can prioritize effectively and juggle multiple projects with ease while meeting deadlines
- Strategic and creative mindset, understanding the desired ROI and being able to maximize resources to drive the highest impact
- Strong relationship building with internal and external stakeholders
Equinox Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate unique points of views & experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability & ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.