It is an exciting yet critical time at Equinox Media and we're looking for a HR Business Partner to join our People Experience team. This is a unique role as our first HRBP, who will collaborate in supporting our team’s mission, to keep where the intersection of fitness, content, hardware and commerce meet a human experience. We want your help in building a people culture where employees are seen and celebrated, careers grow, safe spaces continue to flourish, and everyone is supported at all stages of their employment.
Our teams embrace a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with humility, perseverance, and care for one another. We strive to continuously deliver the best results and focus on how every action helps push our mission forward of helping our members pursue Fitness everyday.
We are looking for deep functional expertise across a variety of HR competencies as well as an appreciation for what the business needs to accomplish its own objectives. You would bring with you a significant hands-on experience with core people processes, career and talent development, performance management, employee relations, data reporting and analysis and broader organizational issues from a strategic and execution standpoint. We provide objective advice regarding complex issues and our partner organizations consider us trusted advisors.
What the Work Looks Like
- You will support the VP of People Experience on organizational design, hiring and compensation decisions
- You will build strong trusted relationships and credibility across all levels of business line management
- You will partner with the team to design performance management, talent, compensation and internal mobility processes as it relates to your partner organizations
- You will identify and handle employee relations issues quickly and sensitively, exercising good judgment and discretion, and partner with our Counsel
- You will coach managers on performance management, feedback, employee development and career pathing
- You will synthesize insights and observations from across the organization to identify improvement areas in HR processes and propose solutions for addressing them
- You will collaborate closely with various People Experience teams to support business line priorities
More About You
- You have at least 5 years of experience working in an HR Generalist capacity in a People/HR function
- You have strong knowledge of HR processes and policies, and demonstrate sound judgment and execution
- You have experience working in a dynamic, ever-changing business with a strong product and engineering focus
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail and organization
- You can successfully strike the right balance of being an advisor to the business but also an advocate for employees
- You have knowledge of basic U.S. employment law (ie: FMLA and ADA)
- You’re able to negotiate sensitive situations with confidence and finesse
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Bonus points if you have researched, selected, and worked through HRIS system integrations
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about.
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of view and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.