It is an exciting yet critical time at Equinox Media and we're looking for a Lead Full Stack Engineer who has a strong technical background to lead our web and eCommerce team in building the platform that powers our member acquisition and sales funnels. This is a unique role that will help our teams invent new ways of connecting people to the communities and fitness that they love. Our teams embrace a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with humility, perseverance, and care for one another. We strive to continuously deliver the best results and focus on how every action taken helps push our mission forward of helping our members pursue Fitness everyday. If you're the type of leader who likes to be hands-on, has experience building web and eCommerce applications that integrate with many other systems, and a track record of delivering high-quality software, then this is the right role for you.
As a Lead Engineer, you will split your time between leading a team of engineers and contributing code to deliver new features and functionality. This is a hands-on role that over time can evolve into an Engineering Management role as our team grows. Day-to-day you will collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers, marketing, operations, member experience, and outside partners. You will play a big role in hiring and growing the team to support the growth of the business and fostering the engineering culture at Equinox Media.
What You Will Do:
- Full-stack web application development primarily in React, Next.js and Node.js
- Manage a team of engineers
- Write clean, well-architected, self-documenting code
- Support team members and mentor other React/Node engineers through code review, knowledge sharing, and leading by example
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the team
- Actively participate in all major technical discussions related to the platform
- Create a culture of observability within the team, constantly keeping an eye on the performance and stability of the platform
More About You (if you don't meet 100% of these qualifications but have the relevant experience, that's OK -- we still encourage you to apply!):
- 8 or more years of software development experience
- 2 to 4 years of experience leading a team
- Experience leading multiple complex software projects
- You have deep knowledge of modern design and development patterns
- You have experience deploying and maintaining applications in AWS (CloudFormation, API Gateway, ECS, RDS, Lambda)
- You have experience working with relational databases such as Postgres
- You have experience building and integrating with RESTful APIs
- You have a strong understanding of git and its popular branching models
- You have a strong understanding of testing and CI/CD practices
- You have experience working in an agile environment
- You have experience working with Docker
- You have experience working with common systems in an eCommerce/Retail business such as eCommerce platforms, Content Management Systems, Payments platform, Subscription management systems, Fulfillment systems
- You have a passion for technology, learning, and finding the best solution
About Our Tech Stack:
- We're using Contentful, Shopify Plus, and Stripe
- We're exploring international eCommerce and localization
- We use GraphQL!
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of views and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.