Equinox Group is a high-growth collective of the world’s most influential lifestyle brands, that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences and community. Its mission is to restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it.
In 2019, Equinox unveiled its new on-demand fitness streaming platform, Equinox Media. This venture blends digital and in-real life experiences across hardware and personalized content representing its portfolio of brands. In addition to the new digital venture, Equinox Group’s ecosystem of brands currently includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, Pure Yoga and Equinox Explore. Its creative vision and strategic growth are led by Executive Chairman and Managing Partner Harvey Spevak.
This is an opportunity to build and scale the growth engine for Variis, the first digital + physical fitness membership featuring preeminent fitness content across modalities (cycling: SoulCycle; run: Precision Run; strength: Equinox, etc.). As the lead of the growth & performance marketing team, you will join a quickly growing New York-based team that is data-savvy, armed with a modern marketing stack and doing advanced work at the intersection of mobile / web / offline. You will be responsible for driving revenue in two key areas of the business: 1) new subscriptions for the standalone Variis mobile app, and 2) new purchases of the SoulCycle at-home bike (powered by Variis content). Your work will include building Variis’s performance marketing capabilities, managing and optimizing multiple paid channels, and collaborating with partners to maximize owned assets. If you’re a quant-savvy, full-funnel marketer with a proven track record driving efficient growth in consumer tech businesses, let’s talk!
WHO YOU ARE
- An entrepreneurial leader who is ready to own the growth function in a fast-paced, early stage environment
- A full-funnel marketer who can optimize both within and across channels, and ensure that acquisition moves in lockstep with retention, optimizing for LTV:CAC
- A quantitative, analytical thinker who can glean insight from complex and often imperfect data to discover new opportunities and drive efficiencies in spend
- A natural communicator who inspires teams to perform at their best, works effortlessly across business functions and collaborates with partner marketing teams
- An expert in advanced growth concepts like cross-platform tracking, mobile app attribution and incrementality testing
- Highly martech fluent, with deep experience owning martech products, vendors, and full funnel experience and instrumentation
WHAT THE JOB ENTAILS
- Develop Variis’s overall growth strategy in partnership with functional and cross-functional partners, aligning it with key marketing objectives and KPIs
- Create and manage marketing budgets, allocate spend across channels and map key initiatives against short- and long-term goals
- Optimize performance across various initiatives, channels and ad platforms, ensuring an efficient CAC:LTV ratio and healthy ROI
- Build a high-caliber, hybrid performance marketing team with internal resources and external agency support, focused on paid social and paid search in the near term
- Develop strong relationships with key growth partners (e.g. Equinox, SoulCycle) to drive maximum value from owned assets and channels
- Collaborate with Product on a compelling growth roadmap to improve new user conversion and unlock retention-driving behavioral loops
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing to optimize ad messaging and creative on an ongoing basis, while building a larger plan for non-digital media buys
- Develop advanced cross-platform tracking, measurement and reporting capabilities with the Data and Analytics teams, powered by Variis’s martech partners (mParticle, Branch, Amplitude)
- Manage the cadence and rollout of new acquisition channels to support scale (e.g. display, video, affiliate, direct mail, influencer, referral, emerging platforms); build and drive a test & learn roadmap to continuously incubate new channels and tactics
YOUR MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+ years experience in paid acquisition at a fast-paced consumer tech startup, ideally in the subscription and mobile app space
- Strong record of driving growth at scale (>$1MM media spend per month) across multiple paid channels, while maintaining efficiency
- Experience managing a team of marketers as well as multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Superb analytical and data skills, via spreadsheets, BI platforms or SQL
- In-depth knowledge of major ad platforms, marketing measurements tools and the mobile app ecosystem
Equinox Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate unique points of views & experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability & ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.