Equinox Group is a high-growth collective of the world’s most influential lifestyle brands, that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences and community. Its mission is to restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it.
In 2019, Equinox unveiled its new on-demand fitness streaming platform, Equinox Media. This venture blends digital and in-real life experiences across hardware and personalized content representing its portfolio of brands. In addition to the new digital venture, Equinox Group’s ecosystem of brands currently includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, Pure Yoga and Equinox Explore. Its creative vision and strategic growth are led by Executive Chairman and Managing Partner Harvey Spevak.
This is an opportunity to kickstart the growth engine for Variis, the first digital + physical fitness membership featuring preeminent fitness content across modalities (cycling: SoulCycle; run: Precision Run; strength: Equinox, etc.). As one of the first acquisition hires, you will join a quickly growing New York-based team that is armed with a modern martech stack and doing advanced work at the intersection of web / mobile / offline. You will be responsible for driving growth in two key areas of the business: 1) new subscriptions for the standalone Variis mobile app, and 2) new purchases of the SoulCycle at-home bike (powered by Variis content). Your work will initially focus on paid acquisition (primarily paid social and paid search), but will expand over time to support other paid and owned marketing channels. If you’re a quant and tech-savvy, intrepid marketer who is eager to test, learn and optimize, then this is the role for you.
WHO YOU ARE
- An entrepreneurial self-starter who lives by the mantra of testing and iteration
- A quantitative thinker who grounds decisions in hard data – however imperfect – and ruthlessly picks winners / optimizes
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple channels, funnels and KPIs with exceptional clarity
- Highly tech savvy, knows and enjoys the nuances of mobile app marketing and cross-platform tracking
- A team player who incorporates data from mid- and down-funnel marketing functions to improve top-of-the-funnel efforts
- Invigorated by a fast-paced, early stage environment—loves to jump in, solve problems, and build for the future
WHAT THE JOB ENTAILS
- Define high-impact hypothesis tests aligned to key marketing objectives and KPIs, in partnership with senior marketing leaders
- Manage all aspects of campaign strategy (prospecting, retargeting, retention) and audience targeting (geos, interests/affinities, devices and other variables), along with proper exclusion lists
- Collaborate with Content and Creative teams to generate a steady flow of compelling creative assets for acquisition efforts
- Optimize quickly but thoughtfully, staying laser focused on allowable CAC and retention rate, while maintaining a healthy level of skepticism toward platform algorithms
- Maintain an advanced tracking taxonomy and Branch links / deep links, to ensure clean data and a optimal web-to-mobile app user experience
- Own channel-, campaign- and creative-level performance reporting, with input from Data and Analytics teams on advanced topics (holdout testing, multi-touch attribution, long-term retention)
- Inform the rollout of new acquisition channels (e.g. display, affiliate, direct mail, influencer, referral), audiences and other channel-specific tactics
- Collaborate fluidly with both internal and external partners, including partner growth marketing teams (e.g. Equinox, SoulCycle)
- Manage an external paid acquisition agency when available, while owning the acquisition process end-to-end in the immediate-term
YOUR MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years experience in paid acquisition at a fast-paced consumer tech startup environment; ideal candidate will have subscription and mobile app experience
- A strong track record of owning the acquisition funnel from start to finish and deriving insights from both successes and failures, particularly in Facebook Ads / paid social
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of mobile app marketing, powered by Branch (or similar platform) for link tracking / link redirects / mobile deep linking
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail and an eye for suspicious data
- Strong analytical and data skills via spreadsheets, BI platforms or SQL
Equinox Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate unique points of views & experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability & ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.