Equinox Group is a high-growth collective of the world’s most influential lifestyle brands, that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences and community. Its mission is to restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it.
In 2019, Equinox unveiled its new on-demand fitness streaming platform, Equinox Media. This venture blends digital and in-real life experiences across hardware and personalized content representing its portfolio of brands. In addition to the new digital venture, Equinox Group’s ecosystem of brands currently includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, Pure Yoga and Equinox Explore. Its creative vision and strategic growth are led by Executive Chairman and Managing Partner Harvey Spevak.
We are seeking a highly motivated accounting professional to join our growing accounting team. The Senior Accountant will primarily be responsible for transactional accounting activities across several critical accounting functions: invoice processing and accounts payable management, fixed asset accounting, payroll and expense processing and various other accounting activities and ad hoc projects in support of our accounting operations.
- Responsible for planning and executing other assigned accounting processes in accordance with the monthly close calendar timelines
- Assist with the preparation of journal entries and general ledger uploads, account reconciliations and flux analysis
- Manage and oversee vendor on-boarding, invoice processing and accounts payable
- Assist with developing and implementing Fixed Asset policy and procedures and manage the fixed asset register and depreciation schedules
- Responsible for processing payroll and corporate expenses
- Actively contribute to the improvement of current processes and policies as requirements evolve and the organization scales
- Perform ad-hoc projects as requested
- Coordinate with other team members and departments to facilitate streamlined accounting processes
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or related field
- CPA preferred
- 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience with Big 4 accounting firm and / or a private company or startup
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and able to multitask
- Highly organized, detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP, accounting processes, controls and compliance
Equinox Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate unique points of views & experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability & ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.