Equinox Group is a high-growth collective of the world’s most influential lifestyle brands, that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences and community. Its mission is to restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it.
In 2019, Equinox unveiled its new on-demand fitness streaming platform, Equinox Media. This venture blends digital and in-real life experiences across hardware and personalized content representing its portfolio of brands. In addition to the new digital venture, Equinox Group’s ecosystem of brands currently includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, Pure Yoga and Equinox Explore. Its creative vision and strategic growth are led by Executive Chairman and Managing Partner Harvey Spevak.
This is an opportunity to drive retention marketing at Platform X, the first digital + physical fitness subscription featuring preeminent fitness content across modalities (cycling: SoulCycle; run: Precision Run; strength: Equinox, etc.). You will join a quickly growing New York-based team that is armed with a modern marketing stack and doing advanced work at the intersection of web / mobile / offline. You will be responsible for the customer experience at all steps of the lifecycle, from conversion and activation to retention and loyalty, and focus on personalized, cohort-based messaging deployed on a triggered and one-time basis across multiple marketing channels (email / push / in-app). If you’re a quant-savvy, get-things-done individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can make magic happen, then this is the role for you.
WHO YOU ARE
- An insights-driven marketer who makes decisions at the intersection of quant and qual
- A thoughtful analyst who can spot patterns and identify opportunities in data, while also understanding its limitations
- A logical thinker who can map out detailed customer journeys and retention plans
- A cross-functional connector who can work across the org to drive results (including Data Science, Product, Analytics, Brand Marketing, Creative and Content)
- A tech junkie who enjoys digging under the hood and working with a variety of data sets and marketing technologies
- A natural communicator who can simplify complex ideas into plain English and present them confidently to senior leaders
WHAT THE JOB ENTAILS
- Create an end-to-end customer lifecycle program from the ground up, using trigger-based messaging (email / push / in-app) to increase lifetime value / LTV and reduce churn
- Develop one-time messaging strategies targeted at specific cohorts within the marketing funnel, focusing on new customers, infrequents & occasionals and inactives
- Build cohort models and analyze their performance by fitness hardware, fitness modality, geography, marketing channel and other variables
- Partner with Product to identify retention-driving behaviors in our app (e.g. taking certain number of classes in a time period) and Product Marketing to drive those behaviors
- Own all engagement and retention analytics for the subscription-based business, using a custom reporting dashboard developed with the Analytics team
- Collaborate with Data Science and Product team to build and implement personalized communications roadmap using rich behavioral data
- Actively test and deploy various hypotheses, from simple email subject lines to new platform features developed with the Product team; evangelize and build a test + learn culture
- Proactively identify customers who are not actively using their subscription, to better understand why and to test re-engagement strategies long before they can churn
- 8+ years experience in a data-oriented marketing role in a fast-paced startup environment, ideally a B2C subscription-based content business
- Ability to operate as both a strategist / leader and roll up your sleeves to execute
- Excellent analytical and data manipulation skills, using BI platforms (Looker, Tableau, Domo), spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets, Airtable) or SQL
- Strong expertise in modern multi-channel messaging platforms (Braze, Iterable) with a focus on email and push notifications
- Knowledge of mobile app marketing using modern link tracking / link redirect / deep linking platforms (Branch, AppsFlyer, Adjust)
- Ability to move quickly and drive collaborative teams to a solution, including finding alternatives to projects that require heavy involvement from Engineering
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Advanced data modeling and technical skills a plus
Equinox Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate unique points of views & experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability & ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.