Equal Experts is an innovative consultancy specialising in the delivery of custom software solutions for blue-chip enterprise and public sector clients across a range of industry sectors. We work on important projects for our clients, deliver market-leading propositions across the digital, online and mobile channels, and are recognised for our leadership in the application of agile and lean delivery methods to assure delivery. We have offices in Australia, India, South Africa, the UK, the EU and the USA.
We’re seeking backend engineers with proven senior-level experience to join the Equal Experts network.
As a member of the team you will work alongside our clients to help design and deliver solutions to meet business requirements and help to improve the effectiveness of the clients' software delivery capability. And of course, all this happens in a consultative, collaborative fashion – in keeping with our values.
You should have extensive experience delivering software on commercial projects backed up by extensive knowledge of agile practices such as TDD, pair programming and CI/CD to name a few.
A growth-based, learning mindset is a must coupled with a passion for technology.
This role involves working in teams that use modern agile technical practices - including continuous integration and deployment and fast feedback loops - to deliver timely and pragmatic solutions, as well as helping others to do their jobs in a more effective way.
- Working with the client and the team to determine system requirements and how best to deliver them.
- Delivery of software using agile (pair programming, TDD, CI/CD, etc) practices
- Automation of system infrastructure and deployments.
- Production support of systems you are working on (You build it, you run it).
- Advocating agile practices to the client organisation.
- Mentoring client team members.
- Helping improve the team and clients’ delivery capabilities.
- Extensive, diversified experience developing, maintaining and operating enterprise scale distributed systems.
- Expert level knowledge of your chosen programming language and the associated tooling. Experience with other languages is highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience with test driven development and other forms of automated testing.
- Strong understanding of the principles underlying agile development and an understanding of the various approaches that can be effective in realising these principles in different contexts.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively while working remotely with globally distributed teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a desire to collaborate and share knowledge with other team members, including client team members. This also includes the ability to work collectively towards a common goal without insisting on a given course of action.
Nice To Have
- Hands-on experience developing distributed systems including microservice architectures and RESTful services.
- Hands-on experience developing and running large scale production systems ideally in containerised/cloud environments using either AWS, GCP or Azure.